PDA

View Full Version : Z28 Help Needed! (Paging Charlie)

MosportGreen66
10-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Found this one for my father. Please let me know what is wrong with the car. Everything from bults to striping. Thanks guys.

-Dan

http://www.vintagevettesllc.com/showroom/9004KCAA/index.htm

NEW
10-25-2003, 04:02 PM
The stripes is not supposed to continue from the rear spoiler, and down on the lip/edge of the trunk lid.

NEW

Mark_C
10-25-2003, 04:11 PM
I'll start the blood letting:

ZL2 hood an add on, no relay on firewall or wiring anywhere for the flapper

GM sticker inside the door jamb was not used on Camaros after 67.

Wrong master cylinder, no bleeders. Booster is painted silver.

After market air cleaner, and at least fuel lines to the carb, under the air cleaner.

Valve covers are swapped, left is on the right side, right is on the left (not really incorrect just installed wrong)

Repro hoses.

Under hood bolts should be black phosphate, not silver.

Wrong accelerator linkage for a Z28.

Wrong shifter and shifter ball.

Wrong rear stripes, they extend under the vinyl top and onto the rear lip of the trunk lid.

Depending on when the car was made (it is a post 12B car since the trim tag is the taller style) the spoiler may be incorrect. The car has a long style spoiler so it should be a post March or April build. If it's before that it should have the short 68 spoiler, or no spoiler.

Charley Lillard
10-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Joel Jones has a Yellow one on Camaros.net with Yellow Houndstooth that looks more correct and we know where to find him if needed...
I like the green car but there is a ton of little stuff wrong..Shifter, knob, disk brake pedal pad missing, no cowl seal, headers and no smog, wrong throttle linkage, grill wrong color, exhaust tips, air cleaner, fuel lines to carb, oil fill cap, breather elbow, bolt finishes that hold front end and hood hinges, alt and pulley, radiator cap, Has a cowl induction hood but none of the parts to make it function... Under the hood is very typical and everything looks pretty easy to correct without spending a Fortune. The biggest ticket items would be exhaust manifolds, smog, cowl induction and the Alt. Sheetmetal fit looks pretty good and it appears to be nicely optioned.

ssl78
10-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Wrong throttle rod should be two piece, wrong alternator bracketand pulley wrong fuel lines. cowl panel missing rubber seal. I dont see any wiring going to the cowl hood flapper and has wrong air cleaner. Wrong master cylinder no bleeders. Thats with just taking a quick look. In my opinion it seems to be to much for that car.

ssl78
10-25-2003, 04:15 PM
When I started typing there was no replies I guess I type to slow

Mr70
10-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Jet Lag will do that to ya...

KENNY_PASCOE
10-25-2003, 04:21 PM
THE AD STATES "DZ MOTOR CORRECT" MY ASSUMPTION IS THAT IT HAS A DZ MOTOR, BUT NOT THE ORIGINAL TO THE CAR. I PREFER WIDE TREAD GT'S OVER RADIALS, IT GIVES THE CAR THE LOOK IT DESERVES. I KNOW OF A GREEN/WHITE STIPES WHITE INTERIOR CAR THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.... KP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

ssl78
10-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Your right Rick, I have never been on a flight before where you lose half a day between 9 hr flight and 5 hr time difference.

Mr. T
10-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Tailpan should not be blacked-out, it should be the same color as the car. This car could have been ordered without the spoilers (D80), if so, an aftermarket rear spoiler could have been put on, that is why you see the stripes running past the spoiler and onto the trunk lip.
The dealer put the spoiler right on top of the trunk stripes and then completed the stripes onto the spoiler. Some 69 Z's were ordered without a spoiler. If this is a
X-33 Car, then the body sill should be painted black.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Astock
10-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Mr.T
Your talking as if this car has orig. paint. I think all '69 Z's with white strips have a white firewall shelf.

Mr. T
10-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Astock

That's exactly what I am doing, treating this car like it has the original paint on it. I have seen many 69 Camaro's with their original paint that look just as good as this one. I also have a friend who has an all documented 69 Z, with the black body sill.
White firewall shelf? You mean the body sill, according to the correct Camaro terminolody.

NCGuy68
10-26-2003, 01:33 AM
If all else fails, contact Jerry MacNeish at www.Z28camaro.com (http://www.Z28camaro.com) He is a recognized historian and has good knowledge of the first generation Z28 cars.

indycamaro
10-26-2003, 03:01 AM
Rear taillights missing chrome between the sections if it has the style trim group as indicated by the chrome trim on the wheel wells and chrome louvers.

rpoz11
10-26-2003, 03:05 AM
only on LA/VN built cars...not Norwood cars(paint under cowl panel)

DjD
10-26-2003, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Astock

That's exactly what I am doing, treating this car like it has the original paint on it. I have seen many 69 Camaro's with their original paint that look just as good as this one. I also have a friend who has an all documented 69 Z, with the black body sill.
White firewall shelf? You mean the body sill, according to the correct Camaro terminolody.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like a repaint to me, the clean tape line where the stripes end on the cowl is one clue. I would expect over spray as the ends were not masked at the factory. The other clue is the trunk shot. http://www.vintagevettesllc.com/showroom/9004KCAA/images/9004KCAA-14.jpg Looks like peeling paint along the trunk seal and if the factory painted the tail panel black I think it would have been black right to the trunk seal. I believe the black tail panel is a big block only paint thing anyway...