PDA

View Full Version : Motion Impalas...

Terry24
11-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Does anybody have any info on them, as to what years and such? About 15 min from me, a guy has an Impala, think it is a 68, that is just sitting in his driveway rotting, with barely a car cover on it. Rumor has it is it a BM Impala, but noone knows for sure and the guy is pretty unapproachable, but has had many many offers to sell it and outright refuses. I know nothing of the car and have been tempted to just ask what it is, but don't feel like having a shotgun or anything else pointed my way. From going past it, looks like a 68 with hidden headlamps, and an olive greenish color, although it is faded and then some. Anyone know this car? I am in Butler, PA.
CORRECTION after looking at pics, I believe it is a 69, sorry for the confusion.

camarojoe
11-05-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm no expert on 68 impalas, but I'm pretty sure they weren't even available with hideaway headlights. That was reserved for the caprice only, so if it has em, someone put them in. What leads you to think the car has any ties to Motion?

Terry24
11-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Twas just what was told to me that it was/is a Motion car. I have not looked at it, just in passing along the road, and I thought it had the hiddens, but I could be wrong too, hard to get a good view. I don't know of anyone that has actually viewed the car up close and personal.

JoeC
11-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Does the car have a 425hp 427 engine? Does it have 427 emblems on it?

Terry24
11-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Do not know, have not gotten close enough to check. Again, going on what was told to me, but I figure, if as many people have stopped to inquire as is thought, it is either something, or just adds to the rumor of what it may or may not be.

Belair62
11-05-2003, 02:34 PM
You could get hidden on a 68...looks nice too.

camarojoe
11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could get hidden on a 68...looks nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't want to place a bet on that would you Belair? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

see the link below, according to that, no documented hideaway headlight cars are known to exist as of now...Was supposedly to be a Caprice only thing...I guess there could be a documented one out there somewhere... who knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
68 Impala exterior details (http://www.impalass427.com/68ss427exterior.htm)

Belair62
11-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Well Rick would know for sure but I have seen them with my own eyes...as a matter of fact if I'm not mistaken..Floyd Garret had onea while back...thats not to say it was correct. I have seen them for sale stating the "rare" hidden headlights in the ad. I'm not talking about SS427 cars. SS427...chime in here........

camarojoe
11-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Yeah Rick, chime in... Tell him what he's full of... as if we didn't already know! j/k Belair... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SS427
11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
As stated earlier and I agree, I know of no known 'documented' '68 Impalas with hidden headlights. One thing I do know for sure, in 1968, if you walked into your dealer with greenbacks, just about anything was possible if the salesman was hungry so who knows for sure. I do not believe Floyds SS427 Impala came with hidden head lights from the factory but was converted. However, that is strictly my opinion.
Rick

Salvatore
11-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Most of the cars that I saw years ago were the cheap versions. Motion had a few 1968 427 belairs and biscaynes for sale with 4 speeds. They were great cars. Possibly the impala you are looking at might be from Baldwin Chevrolet and not necessarily Motion Performance. A lot of people love rumors. I guess it keeps us going. Just stop there and ask him. Tell him you tow junk cars for a living, and you will pay him for the scrap. Good Luck! Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Belair62
11-06-2003, 02:23 PM
It's time for a "Camaro Joe Sucks" graemlin.

camarojoe
11-06-2003, 02:36 PM
I always thought this one stood for "Belair Sucks" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

LVCamaro
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
LOL! Check out Belair's "COPOC" signature line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Pantera
11-06-2003, 04:38 PM
I have two Baldwin Motion Phase III Vettes and they are full optioned cars - Leather and tilt/tele PS PB one even is a Turbo 400. I think it depended on the buyers intended use as to how they were ordered. Most were ordered to be as light as possable.

Belair62
11-06-2003, 10:34 PM
LV that ties in with an earlier thread about the fabled "urine cars" elsewhere on the site....it stands for Central Office Pee'd On Car...there is a COPOC for sale on Ebay right now too....I have to listen to SS 427 on the headlight deal but I did see Floyds car....and I think I saw it on My Classic Car too !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

LVCamaro
11-07-2003, 02:53 AM
Yeah...I noticed the eBay description that spelled COPO that way. That's what struck me as funny about your signature.

I agree though...you gotta be careful how much credence you give what SS427 says...LOL

SS