PDA

View Full Version : Gm Canada Doc. '69 Copo Camaro 427/425hp

last67nova4speedbuilt
11-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Just noticed in a magizine that this car is going to auction in Dallas, Nov. 21, 22,& 23...check it out @ www.kruseinternational.com (http://www.kruseinternational.com) Just for those who didn't know

MosportGreen66
11-07-2003, 02:18 AM
OK guys. I was not going to say anything but since this popped up I guess I should warn everyone. I have been chasing the Fathom Green 1969 COPO Camaro from WWMC for a while now. My father was planning on purchasing a COPO car and just so happens, fathom green is his favorite color. So everything seemed to be working out well. My father contacted a weel known COPO guy and they agreed to go out to Oklahoma to check the numbers on the car. My father called the sale rep from WWMC and that morning, the sales rep said everything was fine, come on down. My father and this man bought plane tickets and booked a hotel for the weekend. Later that same day, my father called back WWMC to send them a down payment on the car. The sales rep said he could not accept it because if the other guy who was looking at the car came in with the money, then they were going to sell the car. Make sense, and I my father agreed. Then during the same conversation my father asked if the car was stilled available, and all of a sudden, the car was no longer for sale. Now my father and this man, who has visited WWMC numerous times, and also who authenticated the Yenko at WWMC, were both out the money from the up coming trip. So now the story takes a turn. During an everyday search for muscle cars, my father clicked on the link to the Kruse Auction website. He did a search for Camaros and the WWMC COPO popped up. So he called the Kruse auction, and they told him to call Leek (SP?) Auctions because they would know more about the car. Turns out, WWMC sold the COPO to some guy. BUT, Kruse and Leek Auctions think that this COPO car is going to be there SPOTLIGHT SHOWCASE CAR. On top of this, they printed and mailed a booklet featuring this COPO on the cover with numerous shots of the car. Well, thats great because unless the guy who bought the car from WWMC wants to sell it, there is no COPO up for auction. Someone at WWMC made a mistake. If anyone wants to talk further please feel free to e-mail or PM me.

-Dan

I am not trying to start a fight. I think the cars at WWMC are amazing examples. Just sharing so people can be fair-warned!

WWMCMike
11-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Hello Dan,
This is Mike McCullough. I am the owner/operator of World Wide Muscle Cars. I recently found this thread and felt that I should respond. First off, let me start by saying I hope your father finds the car he his looking for. I would have loved to sell him this car, but as you know it didn't work out that way.
The COPO was entered into the Kruse auction in Dallas about 3 months ago. They approached me and asked if they could use one of my cars as a feature car for their upcoming auction. As I do quite a bit of business with them, I agreed to let them use a car for the early sale fliers. They chose to use the Fathom Green Copo. Anytime I enter a car into an auction I try everything in my power to make sure it goes to the sale. This is why you see it on the cover of their brochure. As a side note, all of the cars on the cover are mine. Your father contacted us and had inquired about the car. After a few phone calls between Jason, my employee, and your father, your father decided he wanted to come down and have the car inspected. No problem. He stated that it would be about three weeks before he would be able to make the trip and asked if he could send a deposit to "hold" the car until he could make his trip. Jason asked me if we would be willing to do this in which I replied "No." See, I will hold a car for someone without a deposit if they are coming within the next few days. I have even passed up selling cars because of this and the buyer didn't even show. Now I'm not saying this would have happened with your father as I believe he is not only a serious buyer but also a capable one as well. About two weeks before your father was supposed to arrive, the 15th of this month, I received a phone call from a gentleman who I had recently met at a car show in Pigeon Forge, TN. He expressed the interest in purchasing this car and wanted to send his guy to look at it the very next day. He asked if I would hold the car until his guy could get here and I said yes. At that point I was holding the car for 1 day, not three weeks. When his guy showed up, he looked it over, made a call back to the interested party and then informed me they would be wiring the money. They did send the money within the next two days.
The car has now been sold and will not be attending the auction in Dallas. I apologize for any misunderstandings that arose from this but I hope you can see my point of view. My business Buys and sells cars. If I take a car off of the market for three to four weeks for someone to come look at and they don't buy it, then I may well have passed up several buyers. I wish I was in the position that this wasn't a factor but it is. If I can be of any help in the future, please feel free to call.
Thank you,
Mike McCullough

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif