PDA

View Full Version : Documentary of Fred Gibb

mayor_b
11-08-2003, 12:30 AM
If there is anyone in our area Saturday night at 6:00pm, November 29,2003 besure and turn to Channel 7 KHQA, Quincy TV. They are doing a 30 minute documentary of our 2003 Gibb Show and his life story. The name of the show is THE ZL-1 CAMARO; THE FRED GIBB STORY. They are airing this at prime time so be sure and take a look. There will be several interviews with the Gibb family as well as different ones here in LaHarpe.
I am also working on a deal with the TV Station to make copies of the show for the ones who cannot get the channel. I wiLL give updates on prices, approx $20.00 and times when they are available. If anyone is interested in one or more let me know by my e-mail address, thanks Ken [email protected] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Mr70
11-08-2003, 02:19 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Mr Yenko
11-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Mayor b,
I would be interested in a copy,let me know when it might be available? I will keep checking back to this post.
"Mayor of Fishkill" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

rnlz28
11-26-2003, 09:23 PM
The Fred Gibb documentary is KHQA Channel 7 Quincy at 6:30 PM on Saturday, Nov. 29 instead of 6:00 PM. Hope everyone get watch the show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ORIGLS6
11-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks Bob. I tried to post this as you requested but was having trouble from the home system.

BTW, Welcome to the site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

For those of you that don't know Bob; he's Helen Gibb's neighbor and one of the folks that make the Fred Gibb Show happen every year. Hopefully some of you met him at SCR6 and VetteFest this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Cool Trailer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rnlz28
11-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks Dennis, Thought I might as well join & be able to post some of what I know.
Hope the TV does'nt blow when my mug comes on. Great to see you at Vettfest. Talk to you later.

chevelle_ss_502
11-30-2003, 01:47 AM
I got to see the show tonight, It was pretty decent. I wish it was still warm out like it looked in all those pics! I recorded it as well so if anyone is looking for copies let me know. [email protected] Drop me an email.

chevelle_ss_502
11-30-2003, 05:43 AM
I hope I didnt step on anyone's toes by saying I Would get copies if anyone needed them. If this is a problem MayorB please let me know.

Andy

ORIGLS6
12-01-2003, 03:59 AM
So Bob, are there really 18 Taxis in LaHarpe??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Pretty Cool! I'd never heard that story before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

rnlz28
12-02-2003, 01:56 PM
I believe it was suppose to be police cars. Helen told the story up at Camaro Superfest and everyone roared. Sometimes you need to be inventive to get what you need to stay in business. I wish they would have gotten more shots at the car show, but it was good anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

68TopStock
12-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Bob,

Welcome to the site! Sure had fun in Chicago. Can't wait to see the video of the show, hope the mayor can get copies.

rnlz28
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Ken,
I can send you a copy as soon as they send us ours. We did record it at home, but the one directly from the station would probably be better. My Nancy has some pictures to send to you from Chicago, she sure enjoyed running around with your wife. Hope to see you all soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

J_D
12-05-2003, 03:43 AM
Kenny...............I received an e-mail from KHQA T.V. in Quincy last week and I sent my check into them today for a copy of the video. They said due to the X-MAS holiday and all that it might be six to eight weeks before delivery of the video.

Thanks for forwarding my e-mail address to them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

mayor_b
12-07-2003, 03:34 AM
thanks JD, Everyone who sent me a note saying they wanted a video was forwarded to the TV Station, I havent' got to see the tape yet, hope I get one. I just got back from Daytona Speedway in Fla, what a car show, happy holidays Ken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Salvatore
12-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Happy Holidays to you Ken! Thanks for everything that you and your people do for the hobby!! Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

75LNnova
12-09-2003, 05:54 AM
I recieved this from Mike Seaver from KHQA TV.

He has since sent me a message stating they have a tape order form that they would like filled out. However, he forgot to attach it to the email he sent to me. If anyone would like his email address, it is [email protected]

Quote:
KHQA TV charges $25/copy which includes shipping and handling. Our usual policy consists of sending a check in the amount of the video made payable to KHQA TV, being sure to note on the check that it is for the Gibb video(s).

With the rush of the Holiday season and many of our personnel taking vacations at this time of the year, we will be just a bit slow in our turn around. You can count on up to six weeks for us to dub copies, but we will do our best to turn them around as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance for your interest. We could not, of course, in 30 minutes capture the entire Fred Gibb story, but we have assembled some wonderful footage of interviews with Helen Gibb, the Gibb daughters, Herb Fox, and many others. We've included footage of the ZL-1,of Lil' Hoss, and many of the other of those wonderful cars. I think you will enjoy it and the video will be a great "keepsake" honoring Fred, who was a true gentleman!

Please mail you check to:

KHQA TV
GIBB VIDEO
301 S. 36st. Street
Quincy, IL 62305

Be sure to include your name and proper mailing address.

Thanks.

Mike Seaver
Chief of Engineering

J_D
12-13-2003, 05:05 AM
I received my form from the television station today and verification that they received my check.

The form is actually a release stating that you will only use the video for home viewing. The form also said that the video would be released and mailed to me in 6 to 8 weeks.

I signed it and dropped it back in the mail.

Kim_Howie
12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
I just got a phone call from Connie Gibb and she gave me the stations phone #. I called Mike Seavers and gave him my e-mail you can send them your e-mail to them {shown on a earlier post} or call to order a copy if you don't have e-mail Phone # is 217-222-6200 Kim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

matt murphy
12-17-2003, 05:18 AM
WHAT a cool video . . . I got mine in the mail today (had to be a sponsor to get a copy early). When I was asked to be a sponsor I gratiously agreed, but I asked to be a silent sponsor so someone in that area could reap the benefits of the local TV ads since we were over 800 miles away, and are not open to the public to sell stuff . . . So, I asked Mike at the TV station to give our coverage to Clover Tire Store . . . Fred's old dealership is now that tire store. Great video and everyone that can make a few shows next year should plan for it . . . it was a great time and very fun and relaxing . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif Great job for all involved in the video.

J_D
12-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Matt......I wasn't even a sponsor and I got mine today ! ! ! ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifC O O L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif video ! ! !

Well worth the $25.00.

I mailed my check 12/8 to KHQA and got the tape today, 12/19. Fast turn around ! ! !

mayor_b
12-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Matt,Thank you from the people of LaHarpe and myself for your thoughtfullness. I hope everyone enjoys the video. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all our friends. See ya Aug. 7th. if not before, Ken & Anita Brown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif