PDA

View Full Version : Racing at SCR7

sYc
11-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Spent the last couple of days visiting with the folks at Gateway International Raceway. They are trying to finalize their 2004 racing schedule, thus was wanting to know if the sYc would like to lease the track during SCR7. With the increased number of cars participating in '03, and what seems to be even more interest for '04, I went ahead and tentative agreed to lease the track for Friday, September 3, 2004. Costs will remain about the same, which in '03 was $4500.00. This includes track rental, ambulance, safety crew, insurance, etc. As with SCR6, we would welcome any one who would like to contribute $$$ towards these, and other, added expenses.

Now that we have a track secured, I have something to toss out for discussion. What are everyone's thoughts on opening up Friday's racing to other makes of cars, such as era race cars, and maybe some of the pure stock cars?

T Billigen
11-11-2003, 11:16 PM
I think that is a great idea! It would be nice to see some Mopars and Fords run. (as long as the Chevys win!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Chevy454
11-11-2003, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to see some Mopars and Fords run. (as long as the Chevys win!)

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you gonna volunteer your Chevy?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

55chevy
11-12-2003, 12:18 AM
How about a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Who want's to run 'em? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Taking on all comers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

T Billigen
11-12-2003, 12:40 AM
I'm not that anxious to see a Chevy win!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

sYc
11-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Heck, if you agree to race, we will even let you "bend the rules a little". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Mr70
11-12-2003, 01:22 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
I knew that would come back to you Tom B.

T Billigen
11-12-2003, 02:11 AM
Let me think about it. Maybe I can get Rick to let me take that Red L-78 down the track a few times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Jeff Murphy
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
I think broadening the scope too far might present a couple of problems:

1. If we get into a similar situation as this year weather-wise, it would be difficult for our members to get in the number of passes that they want if there are a lot more cars there. I think this is especially important if this is the only environment in which these cars are ever put on the track. I would hate to short change our members. On the other hand, more cars = more pockets in which to dip for jet dryer money, etc.

2. I also wonder if having a broader participation might alter anyone's desire to participate, especially for those that are novices or are only comfortable making passes in their high dollar cars in a super controlled environment?

On the other hand, if a few more pure stock guys show up, it might coax Mr. Simpson south of the border?

Just some thoughts...

Regardless, you can count on me as a contributor again. Just wish I had a car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

COPO
11-12-2003, 12:08 PM
I would echo the points made by Jeff. I think as long as the "non supercars" are kept to a reasonable number it would be OK. Just need to be careful not to dilute the event too much from the true focus which is to get some of the Supercars out on the track where they belong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif