PDA

View Full Version : Build Sheets

skierkaj
11-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Well, during the interior resto on my car (76 Camaro), I came across 2 build sheets. Take in mind, my car is a lowly little 305. The odd thing is, I have one that matches my car, and another from a 76 Type LT. Talk about disappointment, I wish I had the car from the other build sheet! This thing was loaded with all the options you could imagine! I sure wouldn't have minded having a 350, with a 4 speed nonetheless! I bet that thing could do a little better than 17.1 in the quarter (my time, stock, no mods, with a 2bbl.)! How come the assembly line couldn't match up the right build sheets with the right cars?

newguy
11-12-2003, 09:33 PM
That is not that uncommon. The assembly workers would just read to see what type/color interior it was to be in the car and grabbed that off of the selection they had there. It didn't matter much to them and the majority of the time it was the seat that was intended for the car, but ocationaly it wasn't, and that car got your build sheet. And then there is always the chance that yours was replaced with another from a parts car a while ago.

skierkaj
11-12-2003, 11:46 PM
I know for a fact that my seat wasn't replaced with one from a parts car.

olredalert
11-13-2003, 03:14 PM
-------Often there were damaged peices delivered to the assembly line.If the seat for your car had some damage of some sort the assembly line guy would take the next seat that was the same color and style.He didnt care that it had the right build sheet stuffed in it.He had more cars headed at him and stopping the assembly line to clear up a problem as minor as this was NOT an option.
-------The funny part is that every car that came down that assembly line with that interior for the rest of that day probably had a seat with the wrong build sheet in it.The actual point when they got an extra seat to make up for the shortfall probably cannot be determined in any way.Hope this helps............Bill S