PDA

View Full Version : Is This Guy On Drugs ?????

matt murphy
11-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Just when you thought you have seen everything . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif . This 2002 ZL1 Supercar owner pops up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Either he is kidding and has made up this web page or the guy who sold him on these specs is in serious trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Selling a car to someone is a serious matter and lying about it to sell it for more money (ie. Firebird Z15) will only come back to haunt the seller. This guy is so far out in left field on his knowledge that it is almost funny. Anyway, just thought your guys and girls would like to read some funny and grossly mistaken information on these new ZL1 Supercars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430848/1

70 copo
11-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Matt,

To quote him from his own website:

"I appreciate many people's concern for accuracy, and I will address any issues you may have with this vehicles authenticity"

Perhaps the problem is partly with the selling dealer. Sounds at though this guy wanted to have the biggest stick
and got quite a bit of disinformation by the selling dealer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

Anyway, I can think if no one better than you to educate him on these cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Phil

Charley Lillard
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Matt...Isn't that Dave C's car ? Nope..Not Daves car but it's not that Idiots either.

jg95z28
11-14-2003, 03:58 PM
That's my only gripe about cardomain... a lot of those pages are kids posting pictures of other people's cars and claiming that they are their own; or they are claiming their cars are more powerful than they really are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Heck, I have a pretty good rating there and I fully admit that my 67RS is a 210HP 2bbl. http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/jg95z28 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

jus4funn68
11-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Dont it seem strange that this guy claims to have restored and owned all these muscle cars but admits he had to borrow pics from ebay to create this page of BS? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif I think this is just a kid with a vivid imagination! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

CWilliams
11-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Good job reeling this guy in.

J_D
11-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Yep Matt, I believe he is indeed on drugs ! ! ! ! ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

This is the car that you delivered to John and Helen Meyer at the Fred Gibb Show in LaHarpe this past summer along with Annie Hartweg's.

I just saw it on September 27th, 2003 at the dealership in Warrensburg, MO. I took my car down to a car show that John was having with his car club, the Warrensburg Wheels. I took my car down so that he could have two of them on display for the show.

I haven't talked to John, but I seriously doubt the person on the web site claiming to own the car actually owns it.

He states in his comment of October 14th, that a number of cars were sold on e-bay (INCLUDING MINE) which as Matt can verify, just isn't true.

J_D
11-15-2003, 03:37 PM
It's true. This guy is on drugs and is a fake and a liar.........big time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I just phoned John Meyer's dealership, Happy Dayz Dream Carz in Warrensburg, MO (660-422-7177) and spoke with Jason there. The car is still sitting there on their showroom floor and still for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

J_D
11-15-2003, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not Daves car but it's not that Idiots either

[/ QUOTE ]

WELL SAID CHARLIE ! ! ! ! ! ! !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

JChlupsa
11-15-2003, 05:08 PM
I like these replies left to the so called owner on his web site dealing about the car:
------------------
<font color="red">posted by gmmginc 11/14/03, 0:02 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin,

You have a very nice and rare Camaro; however, your information on this car is way off. We built these ZL1's for 12 different Chevrolet Dealerships around the country including Berger Chevy. Your car came from West Chevy in Tennessee. Berger did sell more of these ZL1's than any other dealer. Your other information is grossly way off. Your Phase 3 Camaro package is 600HP give or take a few. Your numbers are wrong, but may be close to Chevys internal Specialty Car, also called a ZL1. That car was a 572 cubic inch big block, not at all like your LS1 derived 427 cubic inch small block. The rest of your information is wrong as well, i.e. the tranny gears, rear end gears, 0-60, 1/4 mile, bore and stroke, brakes, tires, wheels, etc. All this info seems to be referring to the Chevy Showcar, not your car. Please call me so we can get your info accurate and you up to speed on what you have. Your drivers side door jamb, by the hinges will have a brass plate that reads GMMG26241. Call me and I will explain what that means.

Sincerely,
Matthew K. Murphy
Owner - GMMG, Inc. </font>
-----------------
<font color="blue">posted by happycarz 11/14/03, 12:23 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin,

Hello my name is Jason and I am the Sales Manager for HappyDays Dream Cars. I find it interesting that you say you own this car since it is still sitting in our showroom. Also, it will take much more than the $112,760. you said you paid for it to actually buy this car. This car can be seen at www.happycarz.com (http://www.happycarz.com) On behalf of Happy Days Dream Cars I ask you to be honest and do not tell others you have purchased the car when you have not.

Thanks, </font>
--------------

NEW
11-16-2003, 10:05 AM
What planet is this guy on?!

NEW