PDA

View Full Version : A Great New Magazine

Mr70
11-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Is on the store shelves now.
In case you missed it,it's called Hemmings Muscle Machines,and started producing October 2003.
It comes out monthly and is really Very Good.It promises to Deliver the usual cars we all admire like Camaros,Novas,Chevelles,Corvettes & Tri-5's but also the more obscure cars we don't read much about.Like the AMC Rebel Machine,1963 Cutlass F-85,1966 Galaxy 428,& a 1972 Mercury Montego GT just to name a few.We all need to Broaden our Horizons.
The writing staff seems to be in touch with what is going on with our Hobby today,and gives good comentary about the past details as well.They don't pull any punches either.
They also list Auction results of Muscle cars around the Globe as they happened with pictures and detailed descriptions of each car.
Each Feature car gets good copy with details and great Pictures to back it up.
Check out Tom Clarys Dick Harrell FC Camaro on Page 96 of the December issue...WOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Plus for you newbie GoatHeads here,there is good 5 page articile on an Orbit Orange 1970 GTO in that same issue.
It's a good size Thick magazine at 11"X9" with 136 pages,printed with Clean Glossy colors.It's cover price is $4.00 at the newstand,but you can subscribe Now for 12 issues at $12.00,or 24 issues for $18.00.That 75 cents an issue.
Each issue is shipped in a protective envelope too.
To subscribe call 1-800-227-4373.
I'm picky about my Magazines,and this one measures up.
I really think this could give Tom Shaws MuscleCar Power mag a run for it's money,Plus this one is a Monthly Magazine,...and it has Legs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

MYSTERYCHEVELLE
11-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Tom who? Musclecar what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wouldn't take much to give a magazine that doesn't exist..a run for it's money...My money, your money..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mike
11-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, what happened to the one hit wonder???? I'm still waiting for my second issue!!!! Two months ago it was all laid out and going to the printers. Three months before that it was at the printers. I guess I have to get a grip and realize I got taken for thirty bucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Mike

mrmuscle
11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
mike, if you are talking about hemmings magazine, i got my second issue recently and it was great. i am anxiously awaiting my next one. definately a different type of cars that you are used to seeing. of course i like to take all of them.

Belair62
11-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Rick you are right on the money...this is a cool magazine. You can pile the gang into the Belair and go to Ricobenes for a steak sangwidge now.