PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Yenko at Vettefest

sYc
11-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Just got off the phone with Lynn Yenko, Don Yenko's oldest daughter. She will be making a special appearance at Vettefest this weekend.

Lynn is the one, who, with her friends, hung around the dealership, doing odd jobs (putting stripes on COPOs), etc. In addition, she attended a lot of races with her dad. To quote Lynn "I have a ton of stories I could tell about my dad and grandparents". I know I can not wait to meet her and hear some of these stories. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Belair62
11-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Darn it...that is neat..you guys are going to have a great time...

Mr70
11-18-2003, 01:23 AM
Alright...This years event is going to have to be Recorded in some fashion for the Ages.
Super 8,Video-Tape,DVD,something by someone...
All I have is my Brownie Camera.
I hope SpeedVision will be there documenting this Gathering of SuperCar/MuscleCar People & Memorabilia all under one Roof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

T Billigen
11-18-2003, 03:04 AM
I wonder if she will autograph my stripes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Belair62
11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey seriously...someone should put a nice tape together for us dopes who can't be there...

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-18-2003, 12:42 PM
You have a Brownie Camera?
Uh oh!

sYc
11-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Tom, Lynn has a busy schedule this weekend, so not for sure how much time she will have to spend at VF. I just invited her, and her son, to stop by to see a couple of the cars and introduce her to a few sYc friends. Look for her, and the other guests, at the sYc/Supercar Registry Club display.

sYc
11-25-2003, 04:24 PM
As most of you are aware of by now, Lynn, her husband Jim and son Alex made an appearance at VF Saturday. Talk about stealing the show.

In my conversations with her, I did ask Lynn about her role at the dealership. She was considered "one of the boys", and yes, she did in fact help apply some of the stripes on a number of supercars. She said her most valuable tool was a razor blade, to get the air bubbles out. She said that it is very possible that some of the stripes may not "perfect". The stripes were not applied at the dealership, but at the holding lot, where the cars were stored. She said some days it got pretty warm there and she would complain that it was not right for the owner's daughter to be working out doors, that she should be indoors, where it was cool, but no one listened.

matt murphy
11-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Tom,

I don't understand why she didn't like working in the sun. The girls I have here doing stripes work in Bikinis and Thongs on their tan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I can't get them to work inside. HAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Seriously, I missed getting to meet her. I thought she was there for a few hours and probably never had less that three people around her. One day, I would like to meet her. Please give her my best and tell her I have a '69 Yenko Camaro here at the shop that needs stripes on it and I will pay her $5 (I heard that is all she got from her dad) if she will help put them on. I heard her son say to another kid as he was getting out of a Yenko Stinger, "I didn't know my grandpa was SO Famous." That was probably a memorable experience for him as it was for Lynn. Hope to see her again at your show next year.