PDA

View Full Version : This guy has to be lying!

skierkaj
11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Another ebay auction. I can't say that I've ever heard of one of these!
Motion Grand National? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443595720&category=61 37)
This has to be a joke!

JoeC
11-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Motion did build GNs but don't if this is a real one or not.

newguy
11-18-2003, 03:22 PM
He states balwin Motion. I thougth the baldwin came from the name of the dealership, and Motion, from motion performance. I thought there pairing broke off in the 70's and motion still did mods, just not through Baldwin chevrolet. Or am I wrong and this guy is right? I think this guy is grasping to make a little more cash, because if it was modded by Motion, he would state there was paperwork, which is what collectors really like, and would bring a bundle more $$. I think this car is more ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

JoeC
11-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Baldwin Auto sales was Chevy Dealer in Baldwin LI NY who worked with Motion Performance. They closed in July 1973.
Motion Performance was also located in Baldwin LI NY so I think people confuse the name. A "Baldwin Motion" car normally means a car sold through the Baldwin Chevy and Motion Performance combine prior to the close of Baldwin Chevy.

skierkaj
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
I totally agree with you. A "Baldwin Motion" is a car sold through Baldwin Chevrolet, then modified by Motion Performance. I know that for a fact, and this guy says it's a "Baldwin Motion," which it is not. It may be a Motion car, but again, where's the paperwork to back it up? I hate people that misrepresent their product on ebay. What a bunch of a$$holes!