PDA

View Full Version : Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay/Second Thread

JChlupsa
11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Ok folks, seems to be a big interest in what happened and all. any /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif name calling and all will cut this one short. I ask all to keep it clean and if the need comes to E-mail instead of using the fourm.

Has come to my attention also that I failed to give CLint a way to respond if full view of the members here which all got to read the post from QuickRod1. Again <font color="red"> CLEAN </font> is the word.

As Joe Friday says Just the Facts!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

Post that started the Thread
<font color="red">Mr Yenko

Reged: 07/19/00
Loc: Fishkill, N.Y.
Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay.....
11/15/03 02:49 PM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

Just watched a 69 Camaro "Z-10 Pace car" sell for $8,800 with a yenko vin, 124379N614924.Can someone tell me what they think? e-bay auction #2441534073
The Mayor
</font>
-------------
<font color="green"> Clint_69

Reged: 10/13/02
Loc: Iowa
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:DSYenko]
#57646 - 11/16/03 04:16 PM Edit Reply Quote

Here is the story. I, like others, saw Brian's post about the car. I too have some Yenko numbers and saw on my list that the car in question did not belong to Mark H. Seeing that the auction had stopped, I emailed the seller my telephone number and stated that if the high bidder did not want the car, to please give me a call. He responded to me, just like he did Brian and stated that the car was still for sale and that the high bidder had backed out. The seller emailed me his phone number and told me to contact him if I was interested. I woke up this morning to the seller calling ME. He asked if I was interested in the car and we struck the deal. I immediately went to my office and faxed him the purchase agreement (signed by both the seller and myself)and gave him a large deposit on the car. In several conversations I have had with hime today, he has received other phone calls of people offering to buy the car. After every phone call that he has received, he has called me back letting me know what was going on and at this point he refuses to release any information about the car or the transaction. He stated that he feels bagered. He has told me not to sweat it, that the car is mine, he has my money, he signed the agreement and the only way he would give someone else the opportunity to buy is if I do not go through with the transaction. Obviously, I will not pass on the deal. If you choose to call him back Brian, and I am sure you will,he will tell you it is not for sale, period!. My understanding is that he told you, that unless I backed out, this car is not for sale. When you posted this in an open forum, I acted on it and anyone who read it had an equal opportunity. I am greatful to have purchased the car but I would suggest keeping this information low key if you are actively pursuing a deal. As I have said before, this site is a GREAT resource for information. So I guess I owe you a thanks. So thanks!
</font>

---------------
<font color="blue">Clint_69

Reged: 10/13/02
Loc: Iowa
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:MotownMadman]
#57797 - 11/17/03 10:58 AM Edit Reply Quote

Wow, what can I say? This is one screwed up deal. Even yet this morning, the seller is still receiving emails and phone calls (he don't know how people got his number). Yes he knows it is a Yenko, yes he knows it's value and no he is still not selling the car to anyone but me. The car is paid for and was purchased by me and is being picked up shortly. I am sad to say that many people have attempted to screw me on this deal. He had received email from at least 10 people. I did not undercut anybody, I am not quickrod. This was anybody's deal to lose I just reacted quicker than most and sealed the deal. Nobody sent me an email stating they were working a deal, nobody had even talked to the seller when he contacted me and nobody has told me since I bought the car that I screwed them. That being said, allot of people have tried to screw me. Brian Henderson, why were you still sending this guy emails last night telling him that you were the second highest bidder and that you want the car? Why, because you were trying to screw me when you knew I had sealed the deal. You do nice work on these cars but if you were the last restoration shop on earth, you would not get my business. How about you Brian Potter? Why are you still trying to screw me? Neither of you guys even know me. Because you guys are stupid enough to let the car go, you want to try to screw up a good thing for me. Brian, you had the car at $8700. Why did you not bid higher? You lost it fair and square. Brian Potter, why did you post it on the internet for all of the world to see? Not too brite if you wanted the car.You were concerned about Mark? BS, your motives are clear to me and they are about money. Brian Henderson, when the auction ended, you were out of the deal. It was fair game and you know it. When the seller tells me about the others who have contacted him since yesterday morning, I will know who you are. If you contacted him, do not EVER as me for a damn thing and I mean never. You have taken a clear stance against me. I have been in the Supercar arena for 1 year. Allot of my experiences have been good but this one has put a real bad taste in my mouth and I have formed many new opinions about how this group of people work. It is very sad to me because I love the cars. In these pages regarding this car, there have been many people who have been supportive and I thank you. These are the guys that I choose to associate with and who make the hobby good. I will continue to own and enjoy these cars as I have but unfortunately the group of people that I trust in this hobby has gotten allot smaller. Beware to anyone trying to work a deal on a purchase. I suggest you keep it quiet or the vultures will come!

</font>
--------------
<font color="orange"> bkhpah
Forum Leader

Reged: 03/30/00
Loc: Latrobe, PA
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:Clint_69]
#57826 - 11/17/03 02:42 PM Edit Reply Quote

First off, I was part of the original auction. I was a bidder on the car. You were not period. I have every right to pursue a car that was bid on and the high bidder backed away from. Why not. If the auction was a reserve met auction, and it was, and the original high bidder backs away, even though his bid is a binding and legal contract according to ebay the seller should contact those who bid on the auction first. My bid is also considered legal and binding. Stepping outside the underbidders and accepting an outside offer first is not the way the auction is set up. Simply put Clint, you used this site and Potter to get a car you were clueless about. Your true colors came out loud and clear. Your smack in Potters face response is clear to most. It seems you are OK with stepping on toes, but can't handle it when the tables are turned on you. What is different. You stepped over my real bid, to get to the car. I would only think its right for me to find out why my bid is no good. Enjoy the car Clint, I don't care, you won it fair and square...BKH
</font>

-----------
Quickrod1
stranger

Reged: 11/18/03
Loc: Elliott, IL
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:bkhpah]
#57990 - 11/18/03 12:30 PM Edit Reply Quote

First off I am the real winner of the auction on Ebay!!!!!!!

I will tell a brief story of all that happened.

I talked to the seller on the 9th of May while the auction was still on with no reserve. We both eventually agreed for me to buy the car for $5500 and close the auction earily. But by the time he recieved the certified check on the 13th the reserve was met and let the auction ride till the end. So i purchased the car before it closed!!! Then I was still the winning bidder for $8800.09 at end of the auction! We agreed for me to pick it up on 28th. After the auction ended I got hammered with email!! First was Clint but nobody would tell me any info why? Then I got a call for the sell on the 17th that he sold it out from under me to someone!! But I had some cool new friends tell me who bought it out from under me and that was Clint!! Clint badgered the seller to sell it to him even though I had already purchaced the car days earilier in the week before he had a so-called contract with the seller. Now today the seller has agreed to give me the car that I legally won on Ebay and bought even before the auction had ended. END OF DISCUSSION I AM THE OWNER OF THE CAR AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I BOUGHT!!!!! Thanks for the help guys!!!

Duane

farone
11-18-2003, 10:00 PM
HMMMM IT REALLY DOESN'T APPEAR THAT CLINT WAS INNOCENT ONE HERE AFTER ALL.... IT APPEARS THAT HE WAS THE ONE TRYING TO UNDERMINE THE DEAL.... JUST WHAT HE WAS ACCUSING BKH AND THE MAYOR OF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif AT LEAST BKH WAS SECOND HIGH BIDDER WHEN IT WAS SAID THAT THE HIGH BIDDER BAILED OUT. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE MAYOR, THIS CAR WOULD OF GOT PAST OF ALL OF THE SO CALLED EXPERTS OUT THERE !!!

Jeff H
11-18-2003, 10:06 PM
I knew something like this would end up happening. The seller could have cancelled the bids even after the reserve was met. This situation seems to be more of a common thing when you look at the Yenko Chevelle that was supposedly sold, the BM Nova that Kevin had a commitment on, and now this car. Hopefully this thing will work out in an organized and pleasant manner. Good thing I had just bought a 68 Camaro and have $489 to my name!

Belair62
11-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Hey Duane...congrats on the car...and hey...keep a real close eye on your newfound friends !!!

Mr. T
11-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Jeff

Just curious what kind of 68 Camaro. Is it a hardtop, ragtop, SS, RS, SS/RS, Z28/RS, big block, small block? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Best of luck to the new owner, what a good surprise to have bought yourself a Yenko car!

Mr. T
11-18-2003, 10:24 PM
You can DITO what Belair62 said!! CONGRATS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

matt murphy
11-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Clint, Brian and Duane,

Just my .02 cents . . . I used to buy and sell Camaros and other older Chevys around Atlanta years ago and the hunt for a prospect that could be bought cheap and sold to make some money was part of the fun. The cars I bought never got to the Yenko level, but did turn up a '67 Pace Car 396/375HP, '65 Impala SS 409 Conv. with air, and a 4-speed '69 Pace Car, among 30 or more others. I would beat guys here in town on some and they would beat me on others. We all got very creative on how to beat the others, but never threatened eachother like it seems some might be insinuating here.

I think according to EBAY, if the highest bidder doesn't take the car, then the next in line legally (according to the EBAY contract) has the first right to purchase the car. And I also guess the seller can pull the car off EBAY and sell it to a neighbor or someone that just calls or emails him with an offer he agrees to take. Duane, if you are getting the car then your highest bid makes me feel that maybe EBAY and their type of auction will work. If the seller can sell it out from under the highest bidder after the reserve has been reached then EBAY is at fault for dealing like this.

My thoughts are that each of you guys feel that you rightfully deserve the car and maybe a judge looking at all the facts in court might be better off suited to decide this one rather than us here. I think all three of you guys have a ligit claim to it.

One last thing, Clint, lighten up man . . . no one is trying to steal your first born, it is a car for crying out loud. YES, a Yenko, but . . . I say give these guys a break for being upset, you would be too. Brian and Duane, if EBAY lets the seller sell to whomever they want at any time of the auction, then I think you need to give Clint a break. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Clint_69
11-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Holy crap! Walk away for a few hours and look what happens. Here is the deal. The problem here is with the seller. I have and email sent to me from the sellers ebay account stating "the high bidder has backed out of the deal because of a lack of funds, call me immediately if you are interested". Fact! I then sealed the deal. Brian Potter has a very similar email that was sent to him after the auction was OVER (maybe Brian will attest to that). I have not once attempted to buy this car out from underneath anyone PERIOD! I never talked to quickrod (duane) until this afternoon so he could give me his stance onn this situation. I no longer blame Brian and Brian or anybody else for that matter based on the communication from the seller. As a matter of fact, the seller told me last night that he had the car sold to some other guy in NY for the amount of $25,000. I did not find out until this morning that quickrod was in the deal again. This car belongs to quickrod and I have no problem with that. It should have been his in the first place if the seller was honest. Why would the seller send out emails to me and other members of this site if the seller already had a check for $5500 from quickrod? BECAUSE HE WANTED MONEY! Sounds like the seller was motivated by money and was selling to the highest bidder even though he had legally binding contracts with myself and quickrod. So the answer is no, I did not try to buy this car out from underneath anyone. Since I am sure that quickrod has already got another deal to sell the car, I will open this up to a public auction. I am so frustrated with this deal!. Quickrod, I have $40,000 waiting here for you if you want to make a quick $35,000. Serious offer! Does anyone else want to step up? Let's go folks, there were at least 15 people trying to by it over the last two days. Again, I do not blame anyone but the seller unless there is a third party involved working through quickrod. Farone: Who the hell are you? Were you invloved in this deal? I didn't think so. Don't judge me if you do not know the details you freakin idiot! I have different words selected just for you ferone but I do not want my post deleted. Oh, I forgot to mention, the seller has all of my money, yesh, all $11,500. I only hope I can get it back.

Jeff H
11-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it definitely sounds like the seller sure messed things up. It's good to hear that quickrod1 is the winner and the legal buyer. It will be interesting to see if he decides to sell the car or not.

skierkaj
11-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Congrats from me too! Most guys would agree that finding a Yenko for that price is everyones dream. In response to all the shinanagins going on; Just because you won an ebay auction, doesn't mean the seller has to sell. It is his car, and he can do what he wants with it, whether that be a private sale behind the high bidder's back, or something else. If the seller has good character, he will do the "right" thing.

farone
11-18-2003, 10:59 PM
JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM THE THIRD PERSON INVOLVED WITH BKH AND BRIAN POTTER ON THIS DEAL... THAT'S WHO THE HELL I AM. SO YOU THOUGHT WRONG... CLINT...

jfkheat
11-18-2003, 11:02 PM
If the seller doesn't end the auction early and cancel all bids he is required to sell to the highest bidder. Unless there is a reserve and the reserve is not met. An Ebay auction is a legal binding contract.
James

Mark_C
11-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Who's willing to lay down some cash that someone got quickrods email address, offered to float him the difference between 5500 and 8800 plus a nice finders fee if he completeed the transaction.

Dollars to donuts says that car never sees quickrods garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Just my opinion of course, after reading all the previous posts on this. Hope it's no one that frequents this site.

jg95z28
11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Unbiased opinion here.

The person that everyone should be screaming at is the Seller (ken6769). Obviously this guy had no clue he was selling a Yenko, otherwise he would have set his reserve price higher.

If he found that out before the auction closed; he must have figured Yenko enthusiasts would see the auction and the price would have gone much higher. Since the information on the item had changed he could have cancelled the auction legally because the information was incorrect and reauctioned it later.

Secondly, he could have ended the auction at anytime, before the closing time, even after the reserve was met, simplying stating that he sold it off of ebay. It sounds like according to Duane (quickrod1) that is kind of what happened, however the seller kept the auction going (probably hoping to get a better deal).

Once the auction ended and the reserve was met, under the terms of ebay, ken6769 and quickrod1 had a binding contract. Furthermore, since quickrod1 had met the terms of the sale ($1000 deposit down) he has met the initial terms of that contract.

If for some reason ken6769 and quickrod1 failed to close the deal, then ken6769 could offer the car to bkhpah (farone), however, I don't believe there is anything binding in the ebay terms of the sale that requires him to do so.

If you follow the ebay terms to the letter, Duane(quickrod1) did in fact win the auction and is owed a product by ken6769, since he has met the auction terms.

Unfortunately for Duane, if ken6769 decides to cheat him out of the deal, there isn't much ebay will do, other than allow Duane to give him negative feedback.

However, if Duane mailed his deposit to ken6769, there is still a possibility of going after ken6769 for mail fraud, which would be a Federal offense. (Check with your local authorities.)

I don't blame anyone for trying to make a back door deal before the fact. While trying to do so after the auction has closed goes against the principles of ebay, it technically isn't illegal if they weren't involved with the original auction. However, what is quite evident is that the person everyone should really be upset with, is the seller, ken6769.

Anyway, just my unbiased observation.

Charley Lillard
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
If Duane really is Quickrod and what he is saying is true than I think the problem lies with the seller. If he had already sold the car to Duane than how can anybody believe he was telling the truth about any of the other stuff. There are so many loopholes with Ebay now I doubt that any Ebay Auction is very Enforceable anymore. Do we have a real Name of the Seller ? If he really sold the car to Duane but was still trying to sell it to others than I would think someone should file a Complaint with Ebay. Brian, Brian,Clint and Frank... None of you really know what the seller was telling the other prospective buyers so you might want to slow down before slinging more Mud. Maybe the Seller would care to Chime in here ? In light of all that has transpired, I would like to see the actual vin and Title. The Seller has never said it was a Yenko so oops I mixed two of the #'s of the vin in my Ebay description...Probably not but in this wierd chain of events it would fit perfectly.

Belair62
11-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Duane you are definitely in the drivers seat now !! Bet a lot of fresh new offers come your way...hold out for the most you can get !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Pantera
11-19-2003, 12:11 AM
Heven forbid but there is also the remote posiabality that the car is a total fabrication and he is taking anybodys moneys and has skipped town? Has anyone seen a copy of the title or the vin #. There are all kinds of scams online and this would be a easy one to do and nobody would know how to find the guy later. I sure hope I am wrong and this works out for someone to wind up with a huge smile on their face.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Clint_69
11-19-2003, 12:29 AM
I will bet that I have a hard time getting my money back and I am sure that I will have to drag the seller through court to do so. $11,500 is not allot of money but it is certainly enough to pi$$ me off. Ferone: I did not realize that you were invloved in this deal but you spoke about my character before you had the facts about the deal. I understand that Brian and Brian are you friends but there is no reason to assasinate my character when you just do not understand what went on. If you look at my explaination logically, you will understand why I take offense to your statement.

sYc Yenko
11-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Just my 2 cents,

Personally if i was the seller, And found out that the car was a real Yenko during or even after the acction, I would of contacted ebay and told them, look i made a mistake, I was not fully aware of what I was selling,Surley that can be justified, The main reson why I think this all got messy was the fact that the seller put the car up for sale, Not knowing it was a real yenko. And if it wan't for Mr Yenko, none of us would even be talking about this car.

Now if i was the seller I would put the car back on ebay, And let every one have a chance on going for it.

Like I said at the top of this post, This is just my 2 cents, And i don t wish to step on anyones toes.

Nick

x44d80
11-19-2003, 03:38 AM
This is obviously about how much can be made off this car. I figure 80 to 90k maybe, and I'm sure we'll have alot more people watching Camaro VIN numbers on EBAY from now on! WOW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mark_C
11-19-2003, 12:34 PM
A seller can't just cancel the auction after the fact and put it back on Ebay because he made a mistake. Once the auction ends the deal is done. Just like when you win an auction, the finish of the auction results in a legally (acording to Ebay) binding contract between the seller and buyer. Unless there is some out in the wording of the auction, like subject to buyer inspection or something similar, the winner owns the car as of the close of the auction provided they complete the transaction, ie money changes hands, and the seller has to sell it for the agreed to amount stated at the close of the auction.

If the seller had cancelled all the bids, and cancelled the auction prior to the close then he could have relisted it.

If the buyer reneges, I don't beleive there is any legal requirement to go down the list of bidders and ask them if they want it. Most people do it because these people expressed interest in the item, by bidding on it, and the seller feels this is the easiest way to get rid of whatever it is. There is only one binding contract per auction, anything else is courtesy. Of course in this case the seller was probably glad the buyer initially backed out.

I've contacted a seller after the close of an auction and asked them to get in contact with me if the buyer doesn't come thru before. Check back about a year ago in the Motion Section, about a possible 69 Motion Corvette. I did it because it was local to me, and the car had been in the local auto trader the week before the auction. Don't know who the winner was, or if the car was anything special or not, but the car was picked up by 10AM on Monday, following a Sunday auction close.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=motion&amp;Number=20452&amp;Forum= All_Forums&amp;Words=686&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;L imit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=20387&amp;Search=true#Post20 452

Looks like some laywers are going to make some money off of this deal.

Quickrod1
11-19-2003, 02:13 PM
It is me again. I haven't had time to read everything just yet as of my posting but I wan to add that it was November not May as I said. Sorry for the misprint. Next I never backed out of the deal that I had with Doug the seller! He got badgered into selling to Clint for more money because he needs the money bad. and following all the other email the car is not for sale! I will drive it and enjoy to race it as I continue to persue all the parts to make it a showroom car. Only until then I will restore it. And by the way thanks for all the support from all of you guys out there!!!

Duane

Mr70
11-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Good for you Duane! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Glad to see the Car is in a home,and not be shipped around like an Orphan.
By the way,where is Elliott Il.,I have never heard of that town?
Rick

Quickrod1
11-19-2003, 02:49 PM
It is a little town of 350 people. As of location I am not telling because of possible thieves! Thanks for the intrest though.

Mark_C
11-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Good for you, glad it will be used and driven and not hidden away, although it's going to be tough to do right away with an engine, or running lights. Hopefully you've got a nice big 427 sitting at home.

While some people might try to buy it out from under you, I don't think anyone here would actually come to your house to steal it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

DjD
11-19-2003, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a little town of 350 people. As of location I am not telling because of possible thieves! Thanks for the intrest though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect but I got a great laugh out of your comment... A google search turns up 429,000 links related to Elliott Il and the first one is a road map... Like I said no disrespect ment... Congrats on the buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Clint_69
11-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Geez qickrod, samllrod or whatever your name is. Are you a little paranoid? Hmmmmmm, It is pretty funny that you would post such a statement about me badgering the seller after our conversation yesterday. I would like to list a few facts here and now I am going to post a couple of the seller' s emails. Here we go:

Fact: You were extremely nice to me yesterday when you found out that the seller still had my money. You stated "I will do everything I can to help get your money back".

Fact: You stated yesterday "screw Doug, I suggest you put the screws to him in court", "he tried to screw everybody" "I just want to get the car to me". You even asked if I could have my friend in NY transport the car. Come on here an tell me that you did not say these things and I will put you in the same class as the seller.

Now today, you are taking the poor Doug attitude. Wow, sounds pretty funny. You are a joke.

Now here we go about the facts regarding this issue:

Fact:The seller stated to me that you backed out and that the car wat still avaliable. Tell Doug to come on to this site and state different. I am posting his emails.

Fact: I did not even make an offer to the seller, I asked him what he wanted for the car and I gave him every dime and he was happy. I did not badger him. The only people who badgered him were the people trying to buy the car after I had the agreement.

Fact: I had a signed purchase agreement and he took my money.

Fact: He still has my money. I am going to sue him to get my money back.

Fact: No one on the web site who was sent an email from the seller stating that the car was still available even had the balls to come out and defend me. Pretty sad when I consider myself a member of this site.

Fact: THE SELLER IS A DISHONEST PERSON! He made at least three deals beyond you.

Here are a couple of emails from the seller word for word. I have not talked to the seller since the last email regarding this issue and after I received this email, I had no problem with the fact that the car was quickrods. These emails state the facts. The seller did not change his mind about selling the car to me or those who were trying to buy it out from under me until he was being threatened with legal action. You even threatened him with legal action because you had a legally binding contract as well. If it were not for that, the car would have gone to the highest bidder because the seller stated that he does not have the money to go through court.

From the Seller:Received on 11/16/03
hi, my number is 607 387 9538, my name is doug..call
asap if you want this car...

Another:Received on 11/18/03
Clint,im not sure where to start but i will say this.
a mans selfworth is everything. Duane is the high
bidder on the car,actually made a deal with me prior
to end of auction.he could provide emails to prove
this to ebay or whoever needed to see it. plus he did
send me money on the car.all the [censored] started
happening at the end of the auction.little did i know
what i may have(still hasnt been documented)anyhow,i
thought i could get more money for it,it started with
you and went from there.somebody else tryied to buy it
and you talked me out of it by our talk about
honesty.now your still trying to get me to sell it to
you.ive been thinkin a lot about the right thing to do
and that is ...the cars goes to Duane. he won it fair
and square.my binding contract is with him and no one
else.i called him and left a message letting him know
the car is his!the only thing wrong i did was accept
your offer and now im doing the right thing and
refusing it.yaaaa im goin to lose a lot of money,but
at least i know i did the right thing here and thats
what matters.please dont call me to try to change my
mind. call Duane, maybe you can buy the
car from him. if he wants to sell it to you, great!
maybe you can still end up with it. good luck with
your cars, Doug

There you go. Say what you will. I have not spoken to him since. I belive that the only thing that changed his mind was the threat of legal action. He has proven that he was not honest when he made other deals on this car.

Now for the members of this site who have taken stabs at me and insulted my character and integrity. It is a small clique and you know who you are. You do not need me and I do not need you. It is very unfortunate that people who don't even know me or who did not understand the facts in this situation were taking shots. I am 31 years old and have been in this hobby since I bought a TA Challenger 340 six pack car when I was 15. It was not until I owned my first Supercar 1 year ago that I had a problem with anyone in this hobby and I mean anyone. I have felt a great sense of isolation since owning these cars and most people have fallen into one of a few groups of people. It is very sad to say that there is very little sence of community among the new and old members of this board. People want to be affiliated with a group or organization because they feel like they belong. Tom Clary, allot of people do not feel like they belong on this site, good honest people. It is sad to say, but the group of people who feel they are a member of this site keeps geting smaller and smaller until finally, it will hurt the hobby and this site will dicipate. Allot of the reasons that people will even look at these threads anymore is to see who is fighting, who cant get to a rare car the quickest when it is posted for sale or to BS about non Supercar related material. That is why the site is losing so many valuable members. In closing, people will probably care less about my comments and things will continue to be the way they are. I do not think that anybody is really thinking about the future of this site or the hobby. Let the bashing begin as so many ex-members have said.Best wishes. Clint

11-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Post deleted by greg2001LS6

Steven J
11-19-2003, 06:16 PM
I'm curious what people think that it would cost to restore this car. Other than the VIN, trim tag and the body shell, it seems that there are very few of the original components remaining.

Good luck on the ownership issue.............

Clint_69
11-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Greg,
Like several other people, you have not gotten the story straight. You have your statements jacked up because you are not paying attention. If you really read what is going on, I came into this deal AFTER the auction ended. I had no knowledge of this car until after Brian Potter posted this on the SYC site. So you are incorrect, I did not attempt to circumvent the acution. The auction was OVER! Do you get the point now? You should really read the post before you hit reply. The only reason that I continued to try to get the car was because of the sellers frist statement "the car was still available". Yes the seller then came clean with me and told me that he had a deal with quickrod but I did not trust him at that point and I felt that he was still trying to sell to the highest bidder and he was using quickrod as a scapegoat. Based on his deceptive practices up until that point, I thought that the seller was blowing smoke. That is why I kept attempting to get ahold of quickrod to verify that he was still pursunig the purchase. Once I spoke with quickrod, I completely backed off of the car and have not pursued it since and only have pursued getting my money back. So Greg, I am not expecting anyone to cry me a river or feel sorry for me. I would like to say that you are uninformed or you are having a hard time sifting through the facts and seeing what has taken place. Your post makes you look silly and I could care less about your uniformed opinion because your lack of understanding this situation is evident.

Eddie M.
11-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I been watching this and it sure looks like the seller should be the blame and nobody else. it be great if everybody involved found this to be a mistake on the vin number and it turns out to be a six cylinder car and nobody buys it.
Clint I hope you get your money back in the mean time

Mr Yenko
11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
IAM REALLY GETTING TIRED OF THE NAME CALLING ON THIS TOPIC.
So I will put the e-mails that i wrote and received:

Question for seller- Item # 2441534073
Date: 11/15/2003 7:50:41 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:ken6769

Ken,
Iam curious if the dash is intact,beyond that alum. dash face.To know if that is the vin #,so I would be able to register the car?PLEASE CALL ME! COLLECT AT 845-897-4824
BRIAN

NEXT E-MAIL:
Question from e-bay member
Date:11/15/2003 10:05:13pm Eastern Standard Time
To:ken6769

Please contact me if buyer is a dead beat or shil bidder.Iam very interested in car and live in N.Y.
I will be their with truck trailer and CASH.CALL ME
AT 914-204-2676.Thanks for your time, Brian Potter

The e-mail that I recieved:
To:[email protected]

make me offer,i have someone else calling me
also,thanks doug...607387xxxx

I will not put the last 4 digits in....Potter

Can we finally put this f@#%ing crap to bed finally!!!!

I REALLY DONT CARE WHO GOT THE CAR
"MOF" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

farone
11-19-2003, 07:33 PM
WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS IF THERE WAS NOTHING POSTED ABOUT THIS CAR IT WOULD PROBABLY BE IN LATROBE RIGHT NOW... IF CLINT WOULDN'T HAVE BRAGGED ABOUT IT ON THE SITE, HE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE IT NOW. SO I GUESS WE SHOULD KEEP OUR FINDS AND DEALS TO OURSELVES UNTIL WE HAVE THE CAR IN OUR POSESSION AND THE DEAL IS DONE.... A LESSON LEARNED....BUT WHAT ELSE WOULD THERE BE TO TALK ABOUT ????

FRANK

gtomike1967
11-19-2003, 07:39 PM
What is the car worth?
Just curious.

Quickrod1
11-19-2003, 08:02 PM
To all that who care. I did talk to Clint and told him I wanted the car and it wasn't for sale. Yes I said I didn't care what happened to the seller as long as I get my car and Clint gets his money back. After I had spoken to Clint I called the seller and he told as he did in earlier conversations that, "Clint badgered him and wouldn't take no for an answer." That is what the seller stated I was just repeating it. If it is true I don't know. As for as the $2000 Clint wired him on his credit card, the seller wired it back on tuesday when he told me the truth that he still had the car. As for the rest of the money he said he wasn't going to accept it and didn't want any further contact from Clint! But from what I gather from both sides Clint tried to send him the balance of the money to try to make his contract valid. Thanks for reading this I hope this will clear things up a little better. Beside there is another Yenko found and it still lives!!

P.S. I have already located the original drivetrain!!

Duane

Allen
11-19-2003, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Duane

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How'd that happen?

Jeff H
11-19-2003, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Duane

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what we want to hear about. No more banter, please tell us(if you don't mind) how you found the original drivetrain. Wow, a lost Yenko found and now the original drivetrain to go with it.

Quickrod1
11-19-2003, 08:21 PM
I got an email to call this person he knows where the drivetrain is. I called and he knew who had it. Then I called him and it is all together and He is sitting on it and is not willing to sell it hoping I would sell the car to him I guess? But all in all It will work out in the end.

Mike
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
I'd be cautious about that Duane. I've talked to the second owner of your car some time ago. He bought it off the Bresee used car lot and I'm pretty sure he told me he cooked the motor. He replaced it with a ZL-1 block and did quite a bit of street racing. Send me a PM with some names and we'll compare notes.

Mike

camarojoe
11-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Any chance this could be the car?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Pic circa summer 1969. PS... Note the big orange "co-pilot" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif http://www.yenko.net/attachments/58191-bresee.jpg

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Very cool pic! Looks like a Yenko to me, nice emblem on that hood!

What do you think Mike? I see the BMS decal on the front fender for BMS Competition Engines in Syracuse, but I also see the Dick Arons Racing Engines on there. What has your research turned up?

Mr Yenko
11-19-2003, 11:25 PM
I have a shot of that car and thought that too,But this car is to be a X-44 car not X-66.But anything is possible."MOF"

Chevy454
11-19-2003, 11:30 PM
What kind of paint scheme is on that car in the picture? Is that white on Hugger Orange?

Mike
11-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Awesome picture. I've seen a picture of their car in the BMS shop but it was somewhat unclear. You could see the hood emblem and the tac from my picture. The above race car is definitely a Yenko. I do not think it is the car that Duane now owns. BMS built Bresee's race cars as well as their own.

Mike

55chevy
11-20-2003, 12:05 AM
You sure it's a Yenko and not a COPO? I don't see SYC on the seat headrests in that pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just an observation.

camarojoe
11-20-2003, 01:06 AM
It's definitely a Yenko, as Marlin noted, the Yenko 427 emblems are evident on the hood, in the "standard" Yenko location. I have heard there was more than one car that didn't get headrest decals, and they were easily removed anyhow, (as were the side stripes.) Something you probably can't see in the pic is that right below the "Bresee Chevytown" lettering on the door, it also has lettered "A YENKO DEALER". The pic is black and white, so your guess is as good as mine as to the actual color combo... but I would say there's as good chance its hugger orange as any...the tiger mascot in the passenger seat would be a good match with an orange car... just a thought. Mayor, i too noticed the trim on the 1/4 panels, but if you note, it also lacks black paint on the rockers, which an X66 car would also have...it COULD be an X44 car with the trim added... anything's possible. I'm not trying to say this is definitely the car in question, just a neat pic of a Bresee Yenko I dug out of my "archives", and one I thought you guys would enjoy looking at between arguing with each other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Belair62
11-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Just a quick note....my Y Chevelle was delivered without SYC stickers on headrests.

Mike
11-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks for posting the picture Joe. I'm glad you did! Gotta love these old race photos!!! Please post more....if you have them. Prior to this Camaro Bresee raced a '68 Chevy II and before that a '65 Chevelle with a big block and a cross ram manifold. Any chance I could get you to make a copy of this photo for me? PM me. Any idea what track and date this was??

Mike

camarojoe
11-20-2003, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the compliment...thats the only shot I have of that car...Sorry Mike, I don't generally make copies or reprints of anything in my collection, but at least I posted it here for you to see! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

PxTx
11-20-2003, 02:42 AM
I would love to see a pic of the 65 X-ram car since i have a 65 SS with a X-ram. I know they are not the same car but it is a less popular combination and would be neat to sea another!

hvychev
11-20-2003, 03:58 AM
Joe that is a really cool pic! Mark that as exibit 1 in the case of identifying Duanes car as a real Yenko! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickrod1
11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Well if i can't get the orignal drivetrain back I will restore it to it's old glory with a ZL1.

Jeff H
11-20-2003, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if i can't get the orignal drivetrain back I will restore it to it's old glory with a ZL1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with an upgrade like that. I still can't believe that car has a Chrysler rear under it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif It's a shame if the original drivetrain exists but you can't get together with an agreement that would allow the car to be put back to it's original glory. I know a guy(who posts on this board once in a while) who found the original ZL1 engine for Ed Cunneen's ZL1 and he put the 2 people in touch with each other without looking for any profit for himself. That's what this hobby should be about. He could have easily bought the engine and then made a profit by selling it to Ed. I give a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif to Dan for all his research in finding that engine for Ed with no strings attached. Good luck with your Yenko Duane.

matt murphy
11-20-2003, 03:43 PM
Jeff,

Hooking up original engines with original cars is as much fun as finding a rare car. An engine builder called me last year and said that a guy brought into his shop 2 ZL1 motors. One CE block and the other had a VIN on it. He read 4 of the 6 numbers that he was sure of and it matched Gary Holubs old car. I called Gary and he sold it weeks before that. I got a story about the original motor from Gary that matched up with this guys story on where he found the two motors. I put the new owner of Gary's ZL1 in touch with the guy that had it and thought it would be a happy reunion . . . NOT. The guy that had the motors would not sell or trade it to the ZL1 owner, except I think he wanted a motor in trade and $50K for just the original block. The guy here built a Garnet Red clone of the original car. I saw it last weekend. The clone car was beautiful, but I am still very disappointed that the motor swap didn't happen. GREED is all I can say . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif OH, the other ZL1 CE motor was rebuilt and an exact clone to ZL1#51 (Reggie's car) was built and it is very nicely done. Right down to the Brooks Chevrolet dealer tag. I am not sure if I like the idea of building an original CLONE to one of these cars.

sixtiesmuscle
11-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Matt, did you happen to check the vin tags on the two clones? Are they presented as clones???

Quickrod1
11-20-2003, 08:18 PM
What I read seems to be the same situation that I think I am in. But I want proof that it is the right drivetrain not some hear say! I am talking pictures! If no pictures it might be a bogus deal, if you know what I mean?

jfkheat
11-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Duane, now that everything has calmed down I just wanted to say congratulations on a great find. Good luck with the original drivetrain. It would be great to see the car back to it's original glory. Personally, I don't think I would build a ZL1 clone out of a Yenko car. I would find correct date coded Yenko parts and rebuild it as a Yenko. So what if it won't have the original drivetrain. How many Yenkos do? You can clone almost any 69 Camaro into a ZL1. Anyone can build a ZL1 clone. Not just anyone has an original Yenko car. This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your car. Either way, it will be a great car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif
James

Born30YrsLate
11-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Duane - I have the perfect solution...find one of those YENKO aluminum blocks and use that as the foundation for your ZL1 motor to put in the car...i think that would be way cool, the best of both worlds in my humble opinion....congrats on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

jg95z28
11-20-2003, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Duane - I have the perfect solution...find one of those YENKO aluminum blocks and use that as the foundation for your ZL1 motor to put in the car...i think that would be way cool, the best of both worlds in my humble opinion....congrats on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Didn't an aluminum Yenko block sell on ebay a short time ago for around $14K?

Congrats again Duane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

jfkheat
11-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Is this the engine you are talking about??
James

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2440696380&amp;category=33 615

Quickrod1
11-21-2003, 03:10 AM
The purpose of putting in a ZL1 in the car is not to pass it as a ZL1 clone. It is the intention to make it a second engine ZL1 nastalga race car like in the picture of it in 69! If someone does have the missing parts it can't be labeled as a numbers matching car because to many people will know it isn't real. But thanks for your opinion guys.

jg95z28
11-21-2003, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the engine you are talking about??
James

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2440696380&amp;category=33 615

[/ QUOTE ]Actually that's a different one.

jfkheat
12-16-2003, 03:19 AM
Has anyone heard anything more about this deal? Who ended up with the car? Did everyone that sent money to the seller get their money back? Just curious!!!!!
James

Mr. T
12-16-2003, 05:43 AM
I was thinking about this Yenko just yesterday, wondering if the restoration process has begun on it yet. The last time I heard, quickrod was the winner of the Ebay auction. I was also wondering if Clint got his money back on the deal.

Mr Yenko
12-16-2003, 03:29 PM
I have heard that the car was bought with the intention to Pro Street the car with full tubs.Another car LOST to the torch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

GMC_Typhoon
03-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Any updates on this Yenko?

Mr Yenko
03-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Last time I spoke with the NEW owner he was shopping for parts. I will have to contact him and see what progress he has gained. That was some time ago when I last spoke with him.The "MOF"

CTinCT
03-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Where can we find the original post/"First thread" on this story?? Also does anybody have the original E-Bay listing for this car? I never heard this story until tonight and would love to see the auction and pics.

Mr. T
03-19-2005, 08:02 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/57470/page//fpart/1/vc/1

CTinCT
03-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I read all of these posts and it is a great story. Does anybody have a pic of this car?? I would really like to see the original auction.