PDA

View Full Version : 69 Phase III spoiler

orangengine
11-22-2003, 06:10 AM
On some of the Motion Camaros a "special" rear spoiler was used. I think this was borrowed from another model. Unlike the Z/28 spoiler, it was raised and had 3 legs or supports. Anybody have a clue what this might have been from? Or is it a secret part from Motion's underground fiberglass factory?

Born30YrsLate
11-22-2003, 06:29 AM
I believe it was a Motion exclusive...even though some magazine articles state it as an oldsmobile wing.

COPO
11-22-2003, 06:46 AM
The three pedestal spoilers were made by Legendary Fiberglass in PA for Motion. They were not from another car.

orangengine
11-22-2003, 11:15 PM
OK, So Legendary Fiberglass is probably long gone. Any ideas where I can get one? I thought about using a 69 Trans Am spoiler, but it would take some extensive customizing and another support to make it look authentic.

COPO
11-23-2003, 12:44 AM
Legendary is still in business and still making parts. They were the original supplier of these spoilers for Motion.

livettes
11-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Lengendary in now called Fastglass 800-346-2426 It is still the original owner just a new name & location. I have had a Motion hood on order for about 8 weeks for my 68 vette. The owner is Larry WIlliams, he is the same guy that made the parts originaly & can answer any question you may have.

Chevy454
11-25-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey, we've got an "Indian" online! You're just a couple hours south of me here, and I pass through there on US63 as I'm headed to MMP to race! While you're online, know of any chassis dynos down in your area?

livettes
11-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Memphis would be the closest possibility. You may not remember me I met you at the last reunion. I was the guy with the basketcase 68 Vette on the open trailer. Which by the way is well underway toward a complete restoration.
Did you go to ASU? I would have guessed you for a SMS Bear.

chevroletaddict
11-16-2014, 04:20 PM
does anyone know where I can get a motion spoiler

COPO
11-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Read the thread above and it gives the contact info. Not sure if Fastglass / Legendary is still in business, but they were about 10 years ago and it was possible to special order the rear spoiler.

chevroletaddict
11-16-2014, 08:30 PM
I did. Fast glass is now fiberglass concepts. They had a old Web site up that sold the wing for 600. I tried contacting them and failed. I stumbled onto there new site and called. It took days to get a hold of someone. Finally I got in touch with a rep and I was told that they lost the mold for the pillars. I asked if they would sell the foil. They told me to call back in 3 days. I did and 1.5 weeks worth of contacting them, no one answered their phones. Now I'm back to square one.

twertsy
11-16-2014, 11:10 PM
2 years ago I called and asked if they could make a motion style hood for my GTO build. They said they'd "call me back tomorrow," I'm still waiting......

chevroletaddict
11-17-2014, 02:25 AM
who did you call http://fiberpartsconcepts.com/ ? I cant get these people to answer emails or phone calls.

twertsy
11-17-2014, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chevroletaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who did you call http://fiberpartsconcepts.com/ ? I cant get these people to answer emails or phone calls. </div></div>

Yup. Got an answer on the first call back then. In two years they've not answered the phone since. They're either busy or flush......

iluv69s
11-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Yup. Got an answer on the first call back then. In two years they've not answered the phone since. They're either busy or flush...... [/quote]

busy?? for 2 years??? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif haha

twertsy
11-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Maybe they make enough money with existing local customers and have no need to answer the phone or reply to messages. As a business owner, I always find it difficult to fathom how other business owners never answer their phones / reply to inquiries. It's baffling. I have a buddy in Ohio (Army buddies) who is the top sales guy in his field, he's even president of the national association in the field, never ever answers the phone. Will only reply to texts and that's sporadic.

chevroletaddict
11-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe. I Just Dont Understand If They Dont Want THE Buisness Just Say so. But to tell me to call back and not respond
That just passes me off. I'm attempting to make my own spoiler.....