PDA

View Full Version : New Yenko Camaro

MotownMadman
11-24-2003, 05:44 PM
A new Yenko Camaro and Corvette are going to be produced, supposedly with the permission of the Yenko family. Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

RS69
11-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Who has info, and how do you get on waiting list. thanks

JoeC
11-24-2003, 07:01 PM
are you talking about the Yenko "Wildfire" that was at Carlisle?

RS69
11-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I guess????? i saw motown's post. so i just took a guess. any info you have would be greatful. thanks

Bill Pritchard
11-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Where are the new Camaros coming from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Born30YrsLate
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Perhaps from the Motion deal that fell through....they were destined to be a Motion, but may end up as a Yenko - not a bad life, if it is those cars... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

MotownMadman
11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
I had posted a link to the web site that had info about this car, the link was edited due to the fact there are politics involved that I want no part of. If anyone wants the info email me.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

matt murphy
11-24-2003, 10:12 PM
NO, Not the Berger cars . . . Someone else is doing that project. Not GMMG or Berger. MY guess is that they will have customers send them cars and they will upfit them with their package. Good luck working on them, we enjoy working on ours here . . .

jg95z28
11-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Maybe they're referring to a special Yenko version of the 2007 Camaro SS? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

sYc
11-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Received a phone call from John Connolly, who represents the Yenko estate/family. He would like for it to be known that, except for the sYc, he has not given any group or ogranization an endorsement to built a "new" Yenko, nor use his name in conjunction with any Yenko projects.

I believe John has relayed this info to 1 or 2 other sYc members, and is in the process of notifng the party involved about the mis-use of his name and photo.

resto4u
11-25-2003, 11:58 PM
As with most things in this world, it boils down to politics. censorship /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif Why not let others choose to view the link that matt posted? Roger

mc25t190
11-26-2003, 05:26 AM
tom, please elaborate "except fot the sYc", do you guys have a stockpile of cars and expect to build these, if so , wouldn't it seem appropriate for them to be done by the supercar workshop due to brians recent success at the vettefest.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
I don't think it's about censorship, it's about making money off of somebody else's name without their permission. Why would you let that type of event be advertised on a website that does have permission to utilize that name? This new Camaro doesn't have any connections with Yenko, so why put Yenko on it? To make money, plain & simple!

I don't see where Brian's success at vette-fest is connected to this topic, maybe I'm lookin out my belly button.....

moparts
11-26-2003, 12:57 PM
quote:as with most things in this world, it boils down to politics. censorship. Why not let others choose to view the link that Matt posted?

day 1 dog laying quietly....walk by and kick him....
day 2 dog laying quietly growling....walk by and kick him..
day 3 dog laying growling.....walk by and kick him....
day 4 dog growling......walk by and kick him....
day 5 dog bites you when you walk by......

IS THAT THE DOG'S FAULT??????????????????????????

sixtiesmuscle
11-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Ever wonder why you haven't seen Mo and Confucius together?

sYc
11-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Kevin, "Except for the sYc", means simply that, the sYc is the only organization to receive written permission from the Yenko family/estate to use the Yenko name. John Connolly, who is the legal representative of the estate, is very protective of the Yenko name, that is why he had me post what he did.

As per cars, no, I do not have a stock pile somewhere ready to transform into Yenkos. I think you have me confused with some one else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I have been in contact with two seperate groups who are considering building a "new Yenko". That is one of several Yenko related issues John and I discussed. As with all decisions that involve the family, John and Don's two daughters will make the final decision, as per what, if any, project they endorse. I am simply some one that they lean towards for advice.

camarojoe
11-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Besides, i don't think bkh would even allow a 4th gen camaro IN the Supercar Workshop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I still haven't built up the nerve to tell him I own one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

bkhpah
11-26-2003, 08:39 PM
What, CamaroJoe owns a 4th gen? Holy cow. I like all cars man, lets get it out and drive it some. As for my involvment with a new Yenko, I am so far down the line on that, I won't find out about those till there done. But I have had some insider contacts about a very interesting venture...BKH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

camarojoe
11-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey, Brian... It will get driven...and besides... if you can be a closet Ford fan, I can be a closet 4th gen owner... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I gotta get out there and check up on your latest projects... Hey, I'm off 5 consecutive days, you just might get a visit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif Dont cringe too much when you open the attachment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Chevy454
11-26-2003, 09:41 PM
You guys are just BEGGING me to shut this party down, aren't you?! The words "4th gen" and "Ford", all in one thread! My trigger finger is itching...!

[That's not an LT-4 by any chance is it Joe?]

Mr70
11-26-2003, 09:47 PM
Rob
From My favorite Movie,"A Christmas Story":
"I TRIPPLE DOG DARE YA!"

Enoch
11-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Mr.70 you breached edicate(sp?) and skipped right past the double dog dare....
Rich

P.S. you'll shoot your eye out!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mr70
11-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Thata Boy!
I knew I was not alone on here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bkhpah
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
You just never know when a Ford is in your future...BKH

camarojoe
11-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Holy heck!!! Brian got a digital camera... watch out, before you know it we'll have supercarworkshop.com! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif