PDA

View Full Version : 2002 ZL1 Info request

JChlupsa
12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Aloha folks.
Trying to put together a data base with the 02 ZL1's info. Anyone that would like to submit their cars VIN/Data plate info and pics of their windwos stickers etc please send them to myself at my Hawaii.rr.com address. owners names and locations <font color="red"> WILL NOT </font> be given out unless authorized. Any pics of the cars are needed as well.

Mahalo

matt murphy
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Jeff,

For 100K I will release the info to you . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Just Kidding. We gave all of our build counts for the past three years to the guys printing the Camaro White Book. I just got a copy of it in the mail today. We have been asked by a magazine to allow them to do an exclusive article on the ZL1's and release something in there. I have also had 5 or 6 people asking for the VIN's and other info to make a web site for them (don't worry, that wont happen). I just got an email from someone offering to pay me $500.00 for a pair of 2002 ZL1 emblems. That happens about twice a months. People are already trying to make a clone to those cars. I can't wait for 20 years to go by so I can see these clones at shows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif. Unlike most of the other dealers and performance shops of yesterday, I will keep the info and have it handy for reference, by the way, Charlie told me to sell the info for at least the 100K . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif OK, Charlie, remember, I have your car here, and I have a Motion wing for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif . You guys take care. Have a good day. By the way, Have you been to JN Chevrolet out there ?? I went there in 1993 and designed their parts proshop . . . The only place I have ever seen a Cavalier and Lamborgini next to each other in a Chevy showroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

J_D
12-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Matt,

Is this particular "White Book" out yet on the news stands listing the GMMG, Inc. production figures? If so, I would like to pick up a copy.

You also noted that you receive requests from individuals wanting ZL1 emblems, etc. Will these items be available to owners in the event something happens, like say they go off-roading in their car? (Inside joke for some of those in the know)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

matt murphy
12-03-2003, 08:15 PM
J.D.,

The book goes on sale in two weeks but I will make a post referencing the ordering info for the book. As far as future emblems for our car, Yes, we have them, but NO, they will not be for sale to the public, but they will be available for customers that need them if their car got in an accident.

LVCamaro
12-03-2003, 10:50 PM
So, Jeff C...what should interested ZL1 owners do, regarding your request? I want to cooperate with your effort to memoralize the birth of these "special" cars for the sYc forum. Should I forward the requested info to you, or do you now have other sources for the data.??? Comments/suggestions?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

SS

JChlupsa
12-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Information dealing with the cars VINs and such can be either Emailed or snail mailed to me at

94-980 Awanani Street
Waipahu, Hawaii 96797

As for right now most the info I have is what has been written up in the Different Magazines. I want to make a web page of the cars where the VINs will be masked but still Identify them by their GMMG number 1-69. Details on what Phase engine and Mods done by GMMG would be nice as well.

Matt M.---&gt; did thise powerplants receive GMMG coded engines in them?

Mahalo

matt murphy
12-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Yes they did. All the 2002 ZL1 Supercar engines got special stamping as well as other parts of the cars. The engines have the Phase number (1,2,or3) on it, the date installed, the car number and the last 8 of the VIN of the car, and some other internal codes. The Phase 3 motors were also specially stamped.

For more cool photos and info check this web page out.
http://www.gmmginc.net/ZL1/gallery/index.htm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

CWilliams
12-04-2003, 05:54 AM
Matt- will this "white book" contain info on the Berger cars as well?

matt murphy
12-04-2003, 08:25 AM
YES . . . it has three pages of our cars including the 2000-2002 Berger Cars, the 2001 Intimidator SS cars, the 2001-2002 Tom Henry Cars, the 2002 Hot Rod cars, the 2002 35th Anniversary cars, and the 2002 ZL1 Supercars. All on two pages and then a third page of photos of our cars and the dealer built muscle cars from 1967-1969.

JChlupsa
12-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Matt, Can you provide the Print date and revision number so we (board members) dont pick up an older copy. Mahalo

CWilliams
12-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Matt-
I'll be looking forward to info on buying the book. Keep us informed (I know you will as time permits). Or PM me the details.

Thanks-

NCGuy68
12-05-2003, 12:09 AM
What a coincidence concerning data on GMMG cars........

In the Fall of 2001, I attempted to gather VIN/Build sheets, etc.. on the 01 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS cars. At the time, I managed to get about a dozen, mostly from the Southeast and a few from the Great Lakes states. I even contacted the lady at Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC who handled all the 'paperwork'. She was reluctant to give out the info due to privacy concerns which I completly understand. At the time, I wanted to talk to other original owners and compare notes. Since then, many of the cars have changed hands for whatever reason and the trail has gone cold.

If you own a Intimidator, or know of one, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks for any replys.

Matt....Fess-up! I know you have the VIN numbers and the brass plate attached to the 'A' pillar is a dead give-away! Any Info will be kept strictly confidential.