PDA

View Full Version : 1970 L S-6 Chevelle convertible diecast

SS427
12-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Attached are some photos of the upcoming release from Lane Collectibles (Exact Detail) LS-6 convertible. They are doing both the coupe and convertible in a variety of colors. What you see here is only the prototype which had approximately 51 errors still needing to be fixed. As of my last correspondence, all of these are being fixed on the final release. Pay close attention to the functioning cowl flapper. The release date is expected to be sometime in February at an estimated retail price of $109.95. Eric Trapp from Lane Collectibles had been very patient with all of the corrections needed estimated to be over 200 since this project started. They are striving to have the best diecast available and this version is no exception. Fellow sYc member Rich Cummings was instrumental in consulting on their lastest release of the Z-16 1965 Chevelle. Rich was tireless in his efforts to make the model as close to real as possible and the release proves this to be true.

SS427
12-04-2003, 12:36 AM

SS427
12-04-2003, 12:39 AM

SS427
12-04-2003, 12:40 AM

SS427
12-04-2003, 12:41 AM

Musclecarkid
12-04-2003, 02:05 AM
Rick N... Do you know if Lane is considering a full convertible top as an accessory? Why do you think the Ertl T/K SS/EA Drag Car was cancelled? Will Lane be making this, or a Fathom Blue or Forest Green Ragtop soon? The prototype looks good. Can't wait to see finished product.

55chevy
12-04-2003, 02:48 AM
Hopefully the biggest flaw I see is being addressed, or I won't get one.. The front wheels set to far rearward toward the doors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif Get the proportions right.

Mr70
12-04-2003, 02:49 AM
I've seen this Diecast,and it does have an Acc. top included.
Great Piece... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

zgator
12-04-2003, 04:49 AM
Prototype looks sweet.Can't wait to see the finished product.A damm site better looking than ERTL.The only ERTL models that look right are the GTO's,Trans Am's and the Novas.All the rest look too boxy.The worst are the 69 Camaros and the 70 Chevelles.Oh yea the 70 Camaros look allright.

zgator
12-04-2003, 04:51 AM
Oh I forgot.I'd like to see lane or FM do a Yenko Duce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

ORIGLS6
12-04-2003, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fellow sYc member Rich Cummings was instrumental in consulting on their lastest release of the Z-16 1965 Chevelle. Rich was tireless in his efforts to make the model as close to real as possible and the release proves this to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fellow sYc member Rick Nelson was the consultant on this particular piece, the '70 Chevelle. I've known about Rick's intense involvement in this project for quite some time but was sworn to secrecy. Now that it's gone public I think Rick deserves to be recognized for all the work he's done. Any of you that know Rick are aware that his attention to detail is self described as "Anal"! The truth is, perfect is barely acceptable when relating to work he puts his name on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif
Congratulations on another outstanding Chevelle, this time in 1:18 scale! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif I'm betting it will stand up to Diamond judging standards just like the Shadow Gray car!

DC

SS427
12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks Dennis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Rich was also involved to some degree on this project. The most credit should go to Eric Trapp for putting up with me. Over 400 photographs and hundreds of whining e-mails from Rich and me were well worth the effort in the end. Eric was the one who designed the functioning flapper hood and for that he deserves a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Here is a link to a die cast site that has many more photos of the prototype including those with the top installed. I look forward to the coupe being released soon as well. LS-6 convert (http://www.diecast-pub.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=581&password=)

DarrenX33
12-04-2003, 01:47 PM
zgator, have you seen the GMP version of the Deuce? I have one and I think it looks pretty good. http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.GMP8122%2D1/qx/reviewpix.htm

I also have seen the LS-6 in person. Great looking diecast indeed. The flapper door blew me away. Good job Rick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Now let's get Lane working on a 69 Camaro! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

zgator
12-04-2003, 05:11 PM
WOW!! that deuce is nice.Love the color.Same color that my first 70 Z was.I guess I'm going to have to buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

hvychev
12-05-2003, 05:51 AM
Wow Rick N cool that you were involved in the project! Can't wait to get one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fhakya
12-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Lane does some beautiful detailing. Is that a totally new body mold? It looks like it has significantly better proportions than the ERTL one.

SS427
12-09-2003, 11:56 AM
An update for those interested.

"Hello Rick!
I just got a chance to check out your second post and man what a great group
of guys to give such positive comments. It's the real car guys that I like
hearing from the most. They are the ones who truly can pick out all the
little historical accurate details. Thanks for taking the time to do the
post. In case anyone is interested, we are officially taking pre-orders on
the first release in the series. As you know it is a 1970 Cranberry Red
Chevelle LS6 convertible. This item number is #601. The price is $109.95 and
we will only produce 2,500 units. Pre-orders can be placed by calling us
direct at (800) 772-2682 / fax (800) 772-2618 or email: [email protected]
Eric Lane"

I have asked Eric for their plans on color combinations and seat/trans arrangements. I am not sure they can disclose that at this time due to marketing but I will let those interested know when I find out.
Rick

SS427
02-10-2004, 07:22 PM
For those interested, the production version is now arriving in stores. Attached are the production photos.

final run (http://www.diecast-pub.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/572/password/)

Mr70
02-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I thought the working Cowl door alone was incredible,now I notice the ripples in the Lead pipe bends....Good Job!
I'm ordering two. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

GaryH
02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
I love it. I'm getting one too. I wish I could take it for a ride http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

olredalert
02-10-2004, 10:22 PM
------Exact Detail had a display at Barrett-Jackson and I have to say thier stuff is fantastic! The detail is beyond anything I ever thought would be possible a scant 3 years ago. Just cant say enough posative stuff about what I saw. Kept coming back for second third and fourth helpings. Just outstanding.............Bill S

SS427
04-11-2004, 05:18 AM
http://www.nationaldiecasters.com/ndc604.htm

Update: To date, Lane has so far released the Cranberry Red/Black convert, Black/black convert, black/white top/white interior convert and Cranberry Red/Saddle interior coupe for anyone interested.
Rick

mmcporter
04-11-2004, 07:54 AM
That display is enough to make your mouth water.....

GaryH
04-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I want a red/black vert but don't it on the site http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ohhawk
04-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Rick, I've been holding out waiting to see if Forest Green was going to be in the offering. Do you know if that is in the pipeline? Thanks.

P.S. Might want to post the link in the "convertible" section of Team Chevelle if you haven't already considered.

SS427
04-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Dick,
I made suggestions as to what colors and in what order that Lane should release these cars both in the convert and coupe. So far they are following my suggestions. If they continue, Forest Green was slated as a color to be used but not for a while yet. Lane has alread asked me to have the owners of some FG coupes and converts supply Lane with photos to be used on the box cover so that is a good sign. I have a hunch that Cortez Silver may be coming soon. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Anyone with a restored LS5 or LS6 coupe or convert who may want their car on the cover of the box can contact me and I will forward this info onto Lane. I think for now all they need is a side shot for the box cover.
Rick