PDA

View Full Version : '63 Corvette Z06 Convertible.

Born30YrsLate
12-06-2003, 05:49 AM
On Ebay now...I didn't know they made a couple of these...don't know much about Corvettes to begin with either?
'63 Corvette Z06 Convertible (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2445487759&category=61 68)

olredalert
12-06-2003, 02:31 PM
-----Have seen this car,but not looked it over throughly,and a couple of us have had extensive conversations about it. We even talked to Mershon at Corvette Carlisle about it. The chances that its an original ZO6 are extremely slim! I didnt look at the car on E-bay that close this time because I have seen the car up on E-bay before and Mershon had a very artfully worded disclaimer then. The car has value in that it has the brakes,and master cylinder on it,but needs a full-on restoration. That brake system if complete and in good condition could bring anywhere from $5000 up. If you dont put any value on the car being an original ZO6 you wont get hurt!!!!!.........Bill S

JoeC
12-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Bill, I have read that the Z06 parts were sold as service items. Were they sold in a kit form? Any idea how many Z06 brake systems were sold as service/parts counter items?

olredalert
12-06-2003, 02:53 PM
-------There are ZO6 brake parts out there. There are also subtle differences between the "service parts" and "delivered on the vehicle parts" and the differences are hard to get a handle on. Im not by any means an expert,I just have a close friend that is and for that reason I pay attention to them. Im not aware of a so-called ZO6 kit of any kind but anything is possible,I guess. I may ask that question over on the NCRS board and see what we come up with. They have been very cranky over there though,so who knows what will happen.LOL!.........Bill S

olredalert
12-06-2003, 05:41 PM
-----After asking a few old timers the concensus is that the ZO6 brake package was never offered over the counter as a unit,only as seperate pieces. However,packages were probably given away in small numbers to those who were well connected!...........Bill S

MosportGreen66
12-06-2003, 05:48 PM
First off, if Dave Mershon is not keeping the car in his personal collection that should tell you something about the car. The Z06 coupe should bring $125K mint, a Z06 convertible should bring around $150K. Again, like any collector car, if it does not have documents, it is a tough call to make. I think this car is not an original Z06. My .02.

-Dan

olredalert
12-06-2003, 06:39 PM
------Dan,

------No big deal but its Dan Mershon,not Dave.
------Also,the price of a coupe varies greatly depending on the size of the tank. For what should be obvious reasons there never was a big(36 gal)tank factory installed in a roadster!......Bill S

MosportGreen66
12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
This is true. I thought his name was Dave not Dan. Only 36 gallon Fuel Tank cars should bring such money. I have only seen a hand full of Z06 cars, by no means am I an expert.

olredalert
12-07-2003, 12:36 AM
-----While talking to my buddy,Jim Gessner tonight I found that Dick Guldstrand was given two sets of complete ZO6 brakes for the 63 and the 64 that he ran back then by GM. Of course by the time 65 rolled in there was no more need for any ZO6 parts as Dick moved forward to the disc-brake age..........Bill S