PDA

View Full Version : Just to clear the air....

AnnieHartweg
12-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Gentlemen,
In no way did I want my first real post to this wonderful site be under such circumstances but I feel as though I have been forced to speak up:

I am very sorry to intrude but some rumors have been flying lately and I feel it is my responsibility to end them. I do not care to get into the many issues all of you have going back and forth but last week Tom Clary was VERY misinformed and consequently, he made a post based on that info. Tom, I am very, very sorry for the unintended misunderstanding! We have spoken and I thank you for your time and forgiveness. As for the other members of the site, I offer my deepest apologies. You were all misinformed, although innocently, misinformed just the same.

The issue referred to some wheels mounted with red line tires I sent to Matt Murphy of GMMG. For my own reasons, I wanted Matt to have said wheels and tires. Matt never asked for them , he didn't even know I had them. I had heard about his Nova and decided to send the wheels to him. It was a gift NOT A SALE. Matt did not then and does not now, owe me anything. Contrary to some of the current impressions, Mr. Murphy did not rip me off. Matt and I are even as far as the wheels and tires are concerned. And, just as a matter of fact,our other business dealings are square too. I love my new car, Matt and Ron have been very patient and helpful about taking my calls and answering my "girlie" questions where the new car is concerned.

Matt even went so far as to leave his Nova with me so he could take the my '02 car back to his shop and fix a few minor things that were wrong. Things that are just part of having a race car disguised as a street car. GMMG and it's employees have been nothing but very respectful and helpful to me. The '02 Z is fixed and sitting in my garage learning all kinds of who knows what from Jeff Murphy's '69 Z. Oh to be a fly on the door panel!

Again, I apologise for the misunderstanding. But it was just some bad info passed on in an effort to protect me no harm was intended. I appreciate the effort but if anyone had asked me directly, the matter would have been resolved immediately.

As far as I am concerned, Matt in NO WAY ripped me off. And what he chooses to do with a GIFT is his business not mine or anyone else's. Personally, I don't care what he does with them, that is for him to decide.

Thank you one and all for your time. I simply thought it best to clear the air.

Ann

LVCamaro
12-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Welcome to the board, and thanks for the thoughtful post.

Happy Holidays,
Steve S.
[PS: do you have any RWL Uniroyal F70's...LOL]

AnnieHartweg
12-09-2003, 03:52 AM
Steve,

Thank you for the post.

And no, I don't but if I did, you would be more than welcome to them. I get tired of tripping over car parts in my laundry room, would be glad to get rid of some of this stuff.But all of the tires/wheels are finally gone. Any other parts you can use? I've had a carborator on my kitchen table for almost two yrs!

Mr. T
12-09-2003, 04:16 AM
Welcome aboard Ann!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

JChlupsa
12-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Anne, Aloha and welcome to the SuperCar Registry. Mahalo for stepping forward and setting the record straight. OK enough on that, how bout some stories from the fly on the wall> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

J_D
12-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Annie,

Behind that carburator, could you pass the sugar please?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Jeff Murphy
12-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Nice to see you've come out from hiding!! Don't give away anything I might need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That Sandlin is a smooth talker...

barker
12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Ann,
Nice to hear from you and you still have an open invitation as to when you want to try out that "BARKER BUTTON" line lock of yours. It was very nice seeing you at Chevy/Vettefest.
Dennis
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Tommy
12-09-2003, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a carborator on my kitchen table for almost two yrs!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad, I replaced my Coffee table book with A vintage Sun Tach..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Tommy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

MosportGreen66
12-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I had the pleasure of supplying Ann and her husband with some picture of their former ZL-1 from the 2001 Arizona Auto Show Hot Rod Display. Ann is the most sincere woman in the hobby! Welcome aboard Ann. We are looking forward for numerous information and fact filled posts.

-Dan

mc25t190
12-10-2003, 07:41 PM
anne, it was nice for you to post, but, those of us who know matt know he wouldn't have taken wheels. for those who passed judgement, well? i have had nothing but excellents service and communication with matt murphy, mike carnahan, and ron @ GMMG. gr8 people to do business with. he picked my car up on the way to get more engines and brought it back when it was done with some small items, fortunate to live 60 miles from engine shop. Hats off to Matt and crew!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

CWilliams
12-11-2003, 05:10 AM
My thoughts exactly Kevin. Also Anne, I think your post was a very noble thing to do. Now if only those who insinuated that Matt had done something wrong would apologize, that would be nice to see.

Why am I such a GMMG/Matt fan?, I've dealt with all of them, plenty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

TDW
12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Annie...welcome.....just saw your picture in the new Chevy Rumble magazine.

J_D
12-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Awwwwww...........our Annie's a celebrity now ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Way to go Annie ! ! ! !

CWilliams
12-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Which issue was Annie in?

J_D
12-14-2003, 12:04 AM
The December/January issue that hasn't hit the stands yet. I received my subscription copy a week or so ago. Her pic is on page 10. Dennis Cumby and I took the pic's and then a friend of mine (Rich Holst) converted them from IBM to Apple so that Doug Marion could receive them on his computer and get them published.

68TopStock
12-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Annie,

I'm glad to see you posting on this site. Welcome, and visit often. Hope my car's little brothers are doing fine. Neat to hear you have a car to actually drive. That was some time in LaHarpe this year. Glad to seen you in Chicago, hope to chat some more soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif