PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Nova?????

novafreak74
12-13-2003, 04:47 AM
I run a website Novafreak74's Nova Resource Site and a gentleman recently emailed me concerning the recent purchase of a Nova. Was told by seller that it was a dealer optioned car. Here is the rundown of the car that he gave me:

1975 Nova SS,262 V8,3 Speed manual transmission with a bench seat.It is a trunk style car,not a hatchback.Pwr steering,power front disc brakes and no AC.I found the build sheet behind the driverside door panal.Found that it was built in Kansas City and sold to a dealer in North Dakota. The guy I bought the car from bought it new in North Dakota when he lived there. A question I have for you is that the word Dakota is on the front fenders and trunk lid above the Nova SS emblems.

I checked the VIN number and it was not a factory SS. Everything else matches up. Has anyone ever heard of this kind of Nova? I researched the dealer and could not find anything about the dealer online so apparently it is long gone. I know that the dealer would not have been part of the Supercar Dealers, however I wonder if it is a post gas crunch attempt to copy the bygone supercar era. Anyone ever hear about or see one of these Novas? Would it be of any extra value or even be considered a rare car?

Any replies can be on here or emailed to me at [email protected] The new owner and I are anxiously awaiting more info.

Here is the VIN number and the name of the dealership of original sale. I am currently awaiting pics of the car so I can see the emblems for myself.

Vin # 1X27G5K114343
Dealership; Bob Baumcarter Chevrolet, Olds. Linton, North Dakota.