PDA

View Full Version : ? Of worth on found 1 owner LS6 Chevelle

wingcars6970
12-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Thanks in advance.This car was bought brand new in my area .The current still original owner had planned to race it.But never modified it as first planned.It sits outside since late 70-s wrapped in a plastic tarp and pinholes and rust is all over it.It might require donor body and or parts.It white bench column auto car is complete and original down to the air pump.Whats it worth not what its going to cost to restore

COPO
12-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Obviously it does have some value, however, from the current description you gave, the restoration could cost run upwards of $40K+. What's a restored LS-6 coupe going for these days $50K+ range?? Unless you can do much of the work yourself, you would likley have invested more $$'s than the market value of the car. Perhaps best to buy a finished car or if you can get it pretty cheap buy it, re-sell it immediately and put the proceeds towards a restored one.

Mr70
12-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Can you please fill out your profile,so we know who we are talking to? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif
I agree with COPO.
Can you show us any pix,or give any more details of this Chevelle?
Options,Plant,build date,etc.

wingcars6970
12-15-2003, 04:53 PM
The only picture I can currently get is it tarped up.Its one of 2 cars I known of in my area for a longtime .The other guy has a 69 alum head yenko chevelle had it advertised in hemmings and changes his mind about selling it.that car is in North New Jersey.I like every brand of american muscle cars and owned some back in the day.But now into the mopar wingcars.I have a 69 daytona.But the chevelle was offered to me years ago.I threw the leed to a local chevy friend.He passed on the $12.000 asking price.Was afraid the motor maybe cracked block from cars sitting on the east coast.Outside unmaintained and only covered for 33 years.But I ride by and still see it and think about rescueing it