PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ed or Charley or anyone in the know

Terry24
12-16-2003, 06:31 AM
On the COPO.com site, under VINs, why do most have the xxx after the first three digits? Sorry if this has been answered before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Charley Lillard
12-16-2003, 06:43 AM
I'm guessing he just wants to keep it private.

Unreal
12-16-2003, 10:57 AM
When they built the COPOs, all the number stamps were broken, so they used X's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

copo9566aa
12-16-2003, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When they built the COPOs, all the number stamps were broken, so they used X's.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not only the stamps were broken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
CAN for Canada ONT for Ontario and nothing for Quebec /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Private Private or Private..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Eddie M.
12-16-2003, 11:40 PM
The ones that are xxx are listed as Destroyed or they don't know the whereabouts so there are no fakes made i believe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Terry24
12-17-2003, 02:05 AM
I gotcha, thanks for the info. So if one would find a Camaro with the 3 beginning numbers, say 614, does that make it a COPO/Supercar or how does one determine that then, just by going off of the VIN? Sorry if this is remedial, but I would like to know or get to know as much as possible and this is the best place to learn. One never knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Kim_Howie
12-17-2003, 04:05 AM
Terry the 614 is the first three#s of the serial # the last three could be any #s this just shows you where the cars were # wise Kim

Ed Cunneen
12-17-2003, 03:17 PM
I do not publish entire vin's on cars that I have paperwork on but have no registered owners. However, I have listed a partial vin for these cars for informational purposes. That is the reason for the "xxx"'s. I only list owners as private if they request it. The Canada thing I have to work on. Pete? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif