PDA

View Full Version : LS6 in March 2004 Chevy Rumble..please read..

02-06-2004, 05:06 PM
I was just informed that the green LS6 I own is in the March 2004 Chevy Rumble magazine. I haven't seen the article, nor did I even know the car was going to be included. I'm upest because in speaking with Doug Marion on 1 occasion, for 10 mins he proceeds to print an article with factual errors..I never told him the car was the "absolute 1st LS6",or that it was the "First LS6." What was said was that "as of now it is the earliest known documented car." This is a huge difference from saying it is the "first." Anyone that knows the car can also attest to the fact that schedule date of production is "12-9," NOT "12-10," as I beleive he states. I sent him an email (and copied a friend that is a well known LS6 guy) asking he print the facts on the car, and print a retraction. It is really sad that journalist, can't ge the facts straight. Please don't "read into," anything here as not enough info is known to make those claims about it "definitly being the first, or the first." It is just a case of a journalist getting his facts messed up..Thanks,

Repectfully,

Greg Carlson

yountto
02-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Greg, Congratulations on the article. Having the earliest known Ls6 car makes it the first in my book,until its proven otherwise...send me a copy of the article http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

02-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Chuck,

I didn't even known he was putting anything in the magazine..we only spoke briefly (about 10 mins) late one night. I'm trying to get a copy of the mag, but haven't been succesful yet..Does anybody have it they can scan or fax me? It is in the March 2004 issue.

yountto
02-06-2004, 05:53 PM
here it is .......www.chevyrumble.com

MYSTERYCHEVELLE
02-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately, that seems to happen more and more often these days... facts being mixed up, poor editing and articles being written with little more than 10 min. conversations http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The worst part, we will all see your words here and maybe even those at the TEAM CHEVELLE site.. and that will set the record straight for many.. but soo many more readers out there that will get the issue who never turn a computer on or come to these web sites... and thus begins the vicious cycle of he said she said..... http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

One fact is undisbuted, it's a beauty and there is no mistaking that FACT! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

BTW.. I get mine at the ACME in my town and sometimes BORDERS BOOKS!

If you have a real hard time finding one, let me know and I'll fix ya up.

Mike

02-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks Mike for the compliment,

Greg

SS427
02-06-2004, 06:59 PM
You might want to read the article before you get too upset. One person's opinion of the article may be subjective and going on memory. Before you get upset with Doug, read the article first and make sure it is you that is displeased with it's wording. As we know, making an opinion on hearsay can be dangerous.

02-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm not upset..I appreciate Doug thinking enough of the car to include it. Just want to make sure the car is presented factually.

SS427
02-06-2004, 11:06 PM
VERY 1ST '70 LS CHEVELLE?

Internet websites are the hot setup for Chevy enthusiasts because they let everyone contribute what they feel to be correct facts and figures. Virginia's Greg Carlson and others think that the '70 Chevelle RPO L78 375hp 396 was cancelled around Dec. 10, 1969 and the RPO LS6 450hp 454 was introduced on that date or shortly thereafter. This Forest Green LS6 was built early on and is said to possibly be a prototype. Carlson also knows of an L78 Chevelle that might be the very last one built-if the above data is anywhere near accurate. Carlson wishes to create a '70 Chevelle L78 and LS6 registry. Present owners with cars and/or past owners with Build Sheets may contact Greg Carlson at [email protected].
quote/unquote

yountto
02-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Is there a fax # available on or offline to send these to for the computer illiterate?? Are L78s and Ls6s,coupe and convertible all separate registrys?? And lastly who has access to view the buildsheets...thanks !

Musclecarkid
02-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Greg, Congradulations on your 70 LS6 feature in Chevy Rumble. Don't be upset with the text too much.As of now, your 70 LS6 is the earliest known to most of us, and we have seen both car and buildsheet as proof. So what if Doug Marion is a day off on the actual dates. I take it the "Last 70 L78 Chevelle" he if referencing is the one I restored here in NJ back in 98-99. Some of you were able to see a copy of the 12-8 L78 buildsheet last year. I have a suggestion. Ask Marion to do a feature on the "Last L78 and the First LS6 out of the Baltimore plant." We know both cars exist and are only one day apart.

02-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Kevin,

Thanks for the compliments..I was referencing the car you restored when I spoke to Doug...I think that would make a great article...It would certainly be a neat article to see what COULD be the first LS6 and the last 396/375 Chevelle in the same article. Also since both cars aren't the same old red or blue 1970 Chevelles, that "everyone" has it would make for some neat photos. Maybe that can be sent to Doug or any other magazines.

thanks again

68TopStock
02-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Just got the issue, I think you spoke to soon. Looks like a fine mention for your car. Doug is one of the few writers who has taken his time to help the world understand Chevy musclecars and Chevy racing history.