PDA

View Full Version : 70 GTO parts needed

Belair62
02-20-2004, 02:26 AM
I was turned on to a set of these on EBay and naturally got sniped...I need the 2 stainless trim pieces that attach at the rear-top of the fender at the windshield base as well as the mounting pieces...also need rear seat back fillers...mine are cut for some reason !!...almost forgot...need rear window surround pieces too....

csx289
02-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Did you try Joe at The Parts Place? He usually has reconditioned or new repo stainless in stock. Plus, you can just drive over and pick the stuff up!

Belair62
02-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Used Butler Classics in Milwaukee...these are good people to do business with...they know their Pontiacs too...

csx289
02-22-2004, 05:14 AM
Actually "they" is just Larry... a long, long time ago in a universe far away from here there was a young kid from Milwaukee that was there everyday picking up parts for the GTO's he was restoring.You know, before there were all of these repo parts. Man, I must be getting old.It was before Larry had to use bifocals to check part numbers!

Glad Larry could help you out, he is a good guy.We were both doing this stuff before it was socially acceptable. And once in a while I'd do a nice smoky burnout in front of his shop with a Mopar to check his ticker. Next time your up here ask to see the video of my 440+6 'Cuda CONVERT doing a series of 2 block long burnouts right past Larry's front door!

Those were the days! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif