PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of a 68 Hemi Roadrunner pilot car?

Jeff H
04-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Somebody was telling me he knows a guy that has a 1 of 1 68 Hemi RoadRunner that needs restoration for sale. He also had another Hemi, a 68 GTX(1 of 2) needing restoration for sale. I think it was a broker that had these cars so I was wondering if anyone else knows about these cars and are they for real?

Pantera
04-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I would not give out too much info on these cars till you own them. There are many dealers checking out this site and they just might buy them before you get around to doing so.

Seriously those are rare cars especially any Hemi car and they will sell quick. Do a search for hemi and cars that are like them and copy the pic of comp cars and go get them PDQ.

You might find it safer to hire one of the experts off here that are close to location of the cars and pay them to go look at them with you.

KNAPPY
04-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Amen, Brother http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

njsteve
04-23-2004, 03:19 AM
A pilot car is an initial assembly line test vehicle. The can be a no option, medium option or "everything that will fit on the car" option content. They were just a way of the assembly line brass seeing if the line procedures and parts were in order for getting cars built. Some are more interesting than others. They usually have an extremely low serial number like hypothetically BS23V0B100021, the 21st Cuda 440 6-bbl car built. Jeff I will send you a PM. I speak Hemi fluently. and I have no money left over after finishing the Z11 so I'm safe to use to look at the car if you need me. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Jeff H
04-23-2004, 05:00 AM
The Roadrunner is supposedly a pilot car and the GTX was raced by a known racer but he couldn't remember who.

Mr70
04-23-2004, 06:14 AM
I believe the Fender tag for these Hemi pilot cars,should show a "Job number" designation.
if there is no "job Number" on the Fender tag,then it is a regular production vehicle.

442w30
04-24-2004, 08:15 PM
There's SO much crap in the Mopar hobby it ain't even funny. There is no way to say anything is "1 of 1" or such. If you find out more, ask them to provide documentation on these cars. Chances are they won't have anything other than speculation.