PDA

View Full Version : Problems with profile page

ohhawk
05-05-2004, 05:46 AM
Trying to make a simple change to my profile and I keep getting a message back saying cannot proceed with change.....signature is too long. I am not trying to change my signature if that makes any difference. The profile page won't even accept deletions. Also notice when I delete the check mark in the signature box when posting some messages it still posts my signature anyway.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Chevy454
05-05-2004, 05:59 AM
To answer one of your questions, the "signature" thing is a bug. If you preview a message, it will show your profile even if the box isn't checked...but, if you go ahead and post it, with the box unchecked, it will work corrctly and your signature won't be there.

As for the signature too long non-sense, I've got a question in to our software gurus, and I'll keep ya posted...

Supercar_Kid
05-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Just a quick thought...perhaps when you speak with the software folks you could have them implement a change in the registration process for new members, making personal contact info a requirement for successful registration. That would eliminate the need to constantly remind new members to fill out their profile info. Probably much easier said than done, but very practical if it could be applied. Keep up the good work Rob. This site gets better everday. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Charley Lillard
05-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Doh .... good idea.