PDA

View Full Version : Price of 69 Cobra Jet

HoosierDaddy
05-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Sorry, I know it's not a Supercar, but can anybody give me an idea what the $$ value would be for a 69 Torino Cobra Jet. It's red, black interior, 4 speed, buckets, console and a few other options. It's not a fastback but I think it's called a sports roof. All original...engine, tranny,interior and paint but it is missing the smog and air breather. The original tires go with it. 53k miles. Paint is pretty good. I like it because it's so original. The guy bought it from the original owner in 75 or 76. He wants to sell it...but has no idea what it's worth.
Thanks, Chris http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

442w30
05-20-2004, 11:04 AM
You need to get some things straight about this car in order to understand exactly what you're looking at.

There was a model based on the Fairlane 500 called the Fairlane Cobra. It came with the CJ standard. The Cobra did not become a Torino till 1970. Likewise, there's no Torino [sic] Cobra Jet. It's just Cobra.

The two performance models were the Fairlane Cobra and the Torino GT. The CJ was available for both. However, the CJ was available on the regular Fairlanes and Torinos. These cars are REALLY rare, so I am willing to bet the car you're looking at is a Fairlane Cobra.

SportsRoof is just Ford's marketing dept. name for a fastback.

Engine codes should be Q for non-ram air and R for ram air. Hope this helps!