PDA

View Full Version : Dealer applied "By Berger" emblem (1969).

Ted Grevers
08-11-2004, 03:11 AM
I grew up in Grand Rapids, and never noticed that the By Berger emblems were screwed or riveted onto the car. I have noticed in some pictures of Berger Camaros, that the By Berger tag is actually scerwed on. Is the legitimate tag screwed on, or attached with adhesive. The knock-off tags actually have a fake screw head on each end.

-Ted

Supercar_Kid
08-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Real 60's era "ByBerger" scripts were indeed attached using screws straight through the new sheetmetal tailpans/decklids etc. Lots of dealers did it that way back in the 60's. A simple way of advertising back then, is an eye catching status symbol today.

camarojoe
08-12-2004, 03:43 AM
The newer "modern-era" Berger cars use a metal "by Berger" emblem with the fake "cast-in" screws you're talking about. These are also much bigger than the original screw-on versions. In addition, I have found that there are at least 2 different styles of the old screw-on Berger emblems, as some are stamped metal, polished, and very thin, while others are thicker die-cast metal and chrome plated.

zgator
08-17-2004, 07:38 PM
I have one that has never been used.It is the old screw on type that is a stamped/polished piece.

Salvatore
08-18-2004, 12:11 AM
What are you going to do with it? Sam

zgator
08-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Right now it's hanging on my wall in the living room right above my autographed Foghat picture.I'm going to put it on my 70Z/28 that came from Berger when new.At least thats my plan right now