PDA

View Full Version : Printer problem

55chevy
06-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Anyone know anything about printers? I've got a HP Deskjet 895Cse. It won't print the yellow. It has a 3-color (cyan-magent-yellow) ink cartrige that and the damn thing won't print out any yellow.. Just tried my 3rd new cartrige in it so I know it's not the ink cartrige. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Damn computers http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chevy454
06-10-2005, 01:49 AM
We've gotten brand new, fresh out of the box, cartridges that didn't work before...might try one from a different store? Also, read below...

<font color="red">Its always possible that you may still have a bad cartridge, or in this case bad cartridges. You can have more than one bad ink cartridge, even if they are actual new HP ink cartridges. For some strange reason, yellow seems to be the color to fail the most often [see the info on the yellow cartridge problem below]. Its also possible that you could have an expired cartridge or cartridges and they could simply not be working correctly [check the age date on the cartridge or the box it came in]. Its even possible that dirty electrical contacts are causing problems, or even a possible hardware/parts failure in your printer, but thats less common then bad ink cartridges. As the electrical contacts are easy to clean, try that first. With your printer turned on as normal, simply open the Top Cover and the "Print Cartridge Holder Assembly" will move over to around the center position. With the print cartridge holder assembly in the approximate center position, simply unplug the power cord from the back or side of the printer. That holder assy will now easily slide back and forth by hand and you can easily remove the cartridges for cleaning. Using damp Q-tips [not wet or dripping], gently and carefully wipe off the copper colored electrical plates on the cartridges and the electrical contacts inside the holder assy. Its best to use "Distilled Water", because it has less chemicals and minerals in it, than tap water and regular tap water can actually cause additional problems. Use new dry Q-Tips to dry off all the electrical contacts after cleaning.....THIS INFO WAS POSTED BY MOE EARLIER ON THE YELLOW INK PROBLEM: moe 8/31/2002 09:16:59 Re: HP 722C DeskJet Printer--No Yellow Ink...In a discussion with an HP tech who used to repair inkjets for HP, I was told the problem was defective ink cartridges. If you buy more cartridges from the same place, you'll likely get another from the same bad batch. The problem seems to be confined to Yellow. You have to look at the boxes and check the country of mfg. They make them in several different countries, like Puerto Rico, Singapore, Ireland. See if you can find one from a different country than the defective one. That is if you still have the box... and ...moe 8/12/2002 22:16:41 Re: HP 712C Deskjet My understanding is that HP had problems with yellow cartridges at a couple of its manufacturing plants. If you got both cartridges from the same store, they both could have come from the same bad lot. I'd return them to the store for a refund. Each cartridge has the country of mfg. on it. I think Puerto Rico was one that had problems and I believe Singapore also had problems. I can't be sure. Just make sure you get a different country code... and ...moe 4/14/2002 18:50:06 Re: Bad batch of 51644Y? HP seems to have a problem with yellow in their cartridges. If you're getting them all from the same store, they're probably from the same lot. Return the defective ones and demand your money back. Tell them you don't want a replacement because all the cartridges they have are bad. Then go and buy it from another store. Check the cartridge box for country of mfg. and try and find one from a different country...Good Luck! Denny Conway</font>

55chevy
06-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks Rob. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif