PDA

View Full Version : Guys need some legal advice on a mileage statement

budnate
06-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Guy's, I need some legal advice on a mileage statement, we have the basic thing on the tiles that you sign claiming what the mileage is on a car as correct, but really have never had much faith in them....

I have heard mention of affidavites from sellers to buyers stating miles and options as correct...I locked into a low mile car tonight, and need to make a pretty good run with the truck and trailer to get it thursday, only snag he worked at the dealer as a manager and he did the basic maintance on the car at home, so there are no service records of it being at the shop,

how do I cover my a$$ to doc the miles on the car and be able to prove the miles as correct if I ever sell it, I don't want the burden on my shoulders I want some kind of legal paper stating what I am buying as the real deal.

if someone has something drawn up that works with a notary signature, I would really appreciate it.

Thnx Bud.

John Brown
06-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Any car dealer or probably a licence bureau should have "odometer statements". Get one of then and have the seller fill it out and sign it.

djunod
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
No yearly inspection in your state?

budnate
06-22-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No yearly inspection in your state?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope we just need to get them sniffed every two years and they also test the gas cap to make sure its working right.

I will have him fill out the mileage statement form, and also right up something on my own, just thought maybe someone around here had one they used on a regular basis trading cars.
I just want to do this one right as I have never been lucky enough to get a car from the original owner and with all the paperwork.

Thnx Bud.