PDA

View Full Version : 67 vs. 69 bucket seat question

jg95z28
09-17-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm thinking of replacing the aftermarket highback seats the previous owner put in my 67 coupe. It originally came with deluxe bucket seats with headrests (which are now long gone.) I know even if I can find a pair unrestored, they'll still cost me a fortune. Since I'm not going for originality, I was wondering if replacement 67 deluxe seat covers would fit a 69 seat. I'm guessing I might have to swap the std. 69 seat-foam for repo 67 deluxe foam, but otherwise would this work?

BTW - I don't want to simply use 69 upholstery in front as my backseat has already been recovered and its done in the 67 deluxe pattern.

P.J.
09-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I was recently told that you can take your 69 seats and turn them into 67 or 68 seats by my local upolstery shop. . You must purchase the new foam for your 67 seats and the slip covers as the foam for the 67 is different.The headreasts I am not sure?? In my case I am restoring a 68
Camaro and opted to find the good origional black delux seats.I could not find any good drivers so I had my upholstery shop use the foam and covers from a good passengers seat to make a good drivers seat,There is no substitute for originals, thats my opinion anyway.
and as far as costs are concerned by the time you buy the foam.the slipcovers the taxes and the shipping you might want to pay a little more for good origionals and work on them.If you are persistent you will find what you are looking for.I was at a swap meet in Barry ONtario Canada recently
and a vendor had a perfect complete set of delux 68 white interior for 750. Canadian I wish they had of been black
suprss70