PDA

View Full Version : LS7

SamLBInj
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
When will the new LS7 small blocks be available to buy as a crate?

indyjps
10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
just saw something in chevy rumble that s&p or ss&p was selling them, ill have to see if i can get the magazine again.

SamLBInj
10-05-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just saw something in chevy rumble that s&p or ss&p was selling them, ill have to see if i can get the magazine again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, let me Know..I may get one for my 69 Z resto...
Sam

Chevy454
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
GM Performance Parts LS7 Crate Engine Distribution Program

DESCRIPTION:
GM Performance Parts is excited to announce initial availability of the all new LS7 crate engine assembly. GM Performance Parts has developed a distribution plan that will ensure product availability to its top performing Authorized Centers and select Chevrolet Corvette dealers.
LS7 crate engines will be available for purchase by GM Performance Parts Authorized Centers and select Chevrolet Corvette dealers.
The top ten 2004 revenue producing GM Performance Parts Authorized Centers will be authorized to order up to four LS7 crate engines.
The top 25 Chevrolet Corvette dealers of 2004 will be authorized to order one LS7 crate engine each.
Additional LS7 crate engines will be distributed to the remaining GM Performance Parts Authorized Centers with a minimum of $100,000 performance parts revenue based on 2004 performance. Each of these centers will be authorized to order one LS7 crate engine.
If the allotment of available LS7 crate engines is not consumed, a second chance offering will be made to GM Performance Parts Centers with a minimum of $100,000 revenue based on 2004 performance. Each authorized center will be eligible to order one additional LS7 crate engine.
Once the LS7 inventory has been consumed, outstanding orders will be held and filled at a later date.
EFFECTIVE DATE:
Initial Order Period: August 1, 2005 - August 31, 2005 All orders received prior to August 1, 2005 will be cancelled.
Ship Dates: 4th Quarter 2005
QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be a GM Performance Parts Authorized Center with a minimum of $100,000 annual revenue or a Top 25 Chevrolet Corvette dealer, both based on 2004 revenue.

ORDER INPUT:
Orders should be placed through your parts department via RAPID as a QPO to be charged against the open parts account.

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Dealer Price: $11,895.00 MSRP: $16,995.00
LS7 crate engine (P/N 17802397) includes:
intake manifold with injectors
injector wiring harness
fuel rails
throttle body
dry sump oil pan
exhaust manifolds
flywheel & clutch
harmonic dampener
water pump and pulley
coil packs, spark plugs and wires
engine sensors

LS7 crate engine does not include:
dry sump oil lines
dry sump tank
engine beauty cover
engine processor
air filter/air box
accessories or accessory drive

SamLBInj
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks, wonder what the processor will cost??

Chevy454
10-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Who knows. but you could probably just plug in a FAST or Big Stuff ecm, and have more control over all of it...

SS454
10-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Sam the throttle body on the ls7 is the new one that dose not have a cable going to it. So you have to use the one from last years Z06 and the intake but I am told it bolts right up. This is what I was told and also read. Just something to ckeck in to.

SamLBInj
10-07-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sam the throttle body on the ls7 is the new one that dose not have a cable going to it. So you have to use the one from last years Z06 and the intake but I am told it bolts right up. This is what I was told and also read. Just something to ckeck in to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read that, Im trying to figure out how to hook up the computer whithout going to crazy...I think it would be a pretty cool swap if I can get it done right..

JTH74
10-08-2005, 12:26 AM
go to www.gmpartsdepot.com (http://www.gmpartsdepot.com), they have the LS-7 listed at $13,595, don't know what that includes, street and performance is asking $14,500 for theirs. Just for your info. I am going to do a pro-touring car in the next 2 years and want to run a LS-7 with a pro-charger.