PDA

View Full Version : 68 camaro rear deck numbers

P.J.
11-11-2005, 01:52 AM
I found 2 sets of numbers on the rear speaker deck one on the far right side and one on the left side. Are those numbers part numbers or part of the vin numbers.
suprss70

Rick H
11-11-2005, 03:44 AM
What kind of numbers? Look something like this example 3 12 or maybe G 14. Or just a single number?

Look at the center of your deck lid and you will see numbers there as well. Open the trunk and in the upper left and right corners where the quarters meet there are numbers there as well. This are date codes corresponding to the week of the year of the sheet metal. My car is an 03D car and all the sheetmetal has either 12, 14 stamped in them. Its a great way to see if the sheetmetal has ever been replaced on the car.

Check the number against the trim tag build tag and I am willing to bet it's pretty close.

Rick H.

P.J.
11-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Thanks Rick
the numbers I am refering to are long numbers I did not have my glasses when I saw the car at the body shop.
The numbers are on the extreme right and left of the speaker deck lid, almost where the head liner meets the decl lid these numbers are about 11/2 inches long The numbers are also in the centre and are
just like you described .I will try to pencil trace them so they can be read.
Peter
suprss70