PDA

View Full Version : COPO camaros that came out of Byrne Bros.

LemansblueCOPO
11-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Does anyone have a list of all the COPO's that were sold out of Byrne Bros. Chevrolet in Whiteplains,NY? Or a list of the cars that they recieved from Chevrolet? Thanks, Steve.

MosportGreen66
11-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Steve... Your father is Chuck right? The man who owns the local speed shop in Mamaroneck?
Did he take the 454 out of the COPO yet? I heard rumors the original motor was heading back into the engine bay?
Fill us in, and take the car to the Super Car Reunion!

supersport69
11-15-2005, 04:44 AM
What's in the spot now where the dealership used to be? I remember Byrne Chevrolet in the late 80's in Mt. Kisco. Which is now Mt. Kisco Chevy. Any relation?

LemansblueCOPO
11-16-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Steve... Your father is Chuck right? The man who owns the local speed shop in Mamaroneck?
Did he take the 454 out of the COPO yet? I heard rumors the original motor was heading back into the engine bay?
Fill us in, and take the car to the Super Car Reunion!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, Chuck's my dad. I work at the store sometimes so you might have seen me there. If all goes as planned we will be putting the orginal motor back in the car over the winter. It just depends on what is going on at the shop. He wants to be able to have the time to do everything right. After going to the F.A.S.T. Drags on saturday he is considering setting the car up for that. We met Pete Simpson and were both extremley impressed by his car. Like Pete said to us, it is safer to drive the car on the track than it is to drive it on the street. Racing the car would be a lot of fun. If I remember correctly, my dad rebuilt a holley for your z/28? Steve

MosportGreen66
11-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Steve.. you are right! He did the Carb for the Z28. Runs nicely might I add.
I was told your COPO was sold out of Sound Veiw Chevrolet in Yonkers... but based on your post I guess it was Bryne Brothers?

LemansblueCOPO
11-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Nope, we thought it did. The orginal owner of the car's nephew is a customer in the store and when we asked him about it he said his uncle bought the car from Byrne Brothers.

WILMASBOYL78
03-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Byrne Bros. Chevy was on Virginia Rd in White plains, right off the Bronx River Pkwy.. That was J.V. and Howard Byrne..the Mt. Kisco store was on the corner of 117(Bedford rd) near the Sawmill River Pkwy. That dealership was owned by thier nephew Tim Byrne..it was called T.A. Byrne Chevrolet..There was also another Byrne location in Mt. Kisco prior to Tim's store. Byrne Bros. went out of business around 83-84 and Tim kind of absorbed the customers until he finally went under and the factory took over. I guess it has been caled Mt. Kisco Chevrolrt since then. Soundview Chevrolet was on the Boston Post Rd. (US 1)in Mamaroneck, NY...dealers name was Bucky Kalinski(I think). I remember the heyday of Byrne Bros. in White Plains, they had it going on. Jerry Roberts was in charge of HI-PERF parts.. he eventually moved to T. A. when BB went out....Chevy was king back then, but some guys selling Hondas kind of pushed them out. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wilma http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

MosportGreen66
03-18-2006, 05:33 AM
Funny you brought this up Tom, yesterday while at a local metal shop in White Plains, I started talking cars with the owner. He is a nice older man who has owned the metal shop since the 1960s. Just so happens he took delivery of serial number 49/300 1953 Corvette Convertible from Bryne Brother's. He has all the paper work in his house (so he claims). Malcome Koner in NJ (couple years back) and he wanted something $150,000 at the time. Its a far cry from the $2,500 he originally bought it for.