PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo Orbital Polisher

firstgenaddict
01-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Does any one have one of these?
I saw one for the first time a couple of months ago and it is unbelievable. A friend who is a pilot uses it to polish his Lanceair Legacy, he found out about them when he was a pilot for Alaska Air, and he swears by the thing now.
They do not seem to be very well known in the automotive arena but they are extensively used on aircraft...since the 50's.
I turned my local auto body supplier on to them and they have sold quite a few in the last 2 months. Both the pneumatic one and the electric one.
It is impossible to burn through the paint with them... I mean impossible... you could give it to a complete novice READ>> My wife (self proclaimed Jewish American Princess who won't do any manual labor) could polish a car with this thing. She even tried it... only because you can do it one handed while she admired a new diamond ring on the other (oh the costs of getting her to do manual labor).
You can get sandpaper to 12000 yes 12 thousand grit for polishing plexiglas. (that is what sold my auto body supplier... he said if it can polish plex then it can polish anything.
This has been used to polish Air Force One since the 50's.
If any one wants more info I can give you the contact info.

Belair62
01-09-2006, 06:46 AM
I've been using the Micro Mesh 2000 thru 12000 for years...all you do is wax it when you are done with that stuff !! I'd like to see what this polisher looks like.

firstgenaddict
01-09-2006, 12:51 PM
it has 2 polishing heads that are about 3" in dia one rotates clockwise and the other counterclockwise but with an orbital motion. Because they rotate opposite of one another they balance each other. You can actually use one to apply wax and the 2nd one with a terry cloth bonnet to remove the wax and polish.
They mimic the wax you would apply wax and polish if you were doing it by hand.