PDA

View Full Version : Just watched my neighbors house go up in flames

VintageMusclecar
04-04-2007, 05:51 AM
A girl who lives 2 houses up from me came pounding on my front door around 9:00 saying my neighbors house was on fire. I looked across the street to see a few flames starting to come out from under their back soffit. I called 911 and reported it, was just about to run over and see if anyone was home when the resident came stumbling out the front door coughing...I asked if there was anyone else inside and they said no.

FD got here about 5 minutes after, and by then about 1/3 of the house was on fire.

VERY thankful everyone got out OK, but the house is a mess...took the FD quite a while to get the flames under control.

Don't know what the cause is yet, but some of the neighbors reported seeing a big lightning flash and hearing a loud "pop" a few minutes before they noticed the flames.

The local news vultures...er...crew is outside filming video as I type, I'm sure it'll be all over the 11:00 news.

9SECONDYENKO
04-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Glad evereone is ok

TimG
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
A few years ago, we had a house across the canyon from us go up, it was only about 200 yards from us. It was in July with all the Texas heat and the wind was blowing. Adjacent homeowners were spraying their house with water. They said it was spontaneous combustion of match light charcoal bricks that got wet from rain then heated up and ignited. Anyone heard of this?