PDA

View Full Version : I hate dead beat bidders!!

quick-bowtie
04-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Just have to vent!! I had my Viper Truck on Ebay that ended today, we'll 1 hour before the auction ends some guy call's and asks me questions and asks if he bid and gets it if he can have an extra week to pay..blah blah blah.. so I say yes and he promises he a man of his word etc. We'll he ends up winning the bid and calls 1 hour later and says here doesnt want the truck because it was sold on a lease when new?? what the F*** are you serious so just because a truck was sold on a lease it is no good? I bet half of the cars today are sold on leases?? The ads was 110% as I said. That has to be the lamest excuse Ive heard of. So I email him and say I going to leave negitive feedback and I never dealt with such a jack a** in my life well he says if I leave a negitive feedback he will do the same? That is total bs how ebay will let someone leave a negitive feedback in retaliation.. Man this guuy burns me bad, Its not about the money its about ones word and there are very few honorable people left in this world. Id love to rent a billboard in this guys town saying what a jack a** he is.. Anyone live in Maysville Kentucky?? find me a billbord for rent PLEASE! I want to make an example of this idiot. People like this are ruining the world! I wish ebay would ban him for life. I sent them all the emails etc and explained what he did.

427king
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is total bs how ebay will let someone leave a negitive feedback in retaliation

[/ QUOTE ] Ive gotten 5 from non paying bidders in the past, youll learn to move on and forget about it as frustrating as it may seem to you right now. The best way to think of it is that if you let this bother you, you are letting this guy live in your head rent free...

SuperNovaSS
04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Most non paying bidders will string you on forever. I wish deadbeats would let me know as fast as this guy let you know he was a jackoff.

Jason

YenkoYS100
04-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear that. Like many have said......eBay is a good place to get exposure, but not necessarily a good place to sell anything. Lots of problems. No matter what problems you have....eBay gets their money. They knowingly continue to let schiesters pull their BS there. There are sellers there that play the rules to stroke you out of money. Spend $1000 and get crap merchandise, send it back to seller....and guess how much eBay will get you back if seller doesn't willingly refund????? Approx. $175 if your lucky.

I've about given up on buying anything there. Selling there......?????? I was way frustrated years ago.

Just believe like I do....... Good (Bad) things will happen to bad people.

LVCamaro
04-15-2007, 02:59 PM
that sucks, Andy...I KNOW you had at least one bona fide bidder on April 7th. If my bid sounds okay/better to you at this point, you'll have full payment before noon this Tuesday and this debacle behind you.

I sincerely hope you're able to resolve things with the high bidder and move on without more heartburn. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Can one of you Mod's move this thread to the lounge please?

SS

njsteve
04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
1) I think you can only leave feedback for someone for a set amount of time like 45 days then the option disappears for that particular transaction. My advice would be to wait till the 44th day and 23 hours and then leave it so the bozo cant leave a return feedback.

2) Also, if someone leaves neg feedback you get to place a rebuttal under his feedback in your profile, explaining what an a--hole they are.

3) I wouldnt fret a single neg feedback on your profile as long as you can give one to him. I would imagine he has a bunch of them with the way he acts already. I got my only neg after 7 years when some idiot thought she had the right to return a dash vent 6 weeks after the purchase and two weeks after she broke it trying to install it herself. I was able to place an explanation under the neg feedback in my profile explaining what a looney she was.

Do you have a link to the auction so we can see who this bozo is and ban him from our auctions in the future?

P.J.
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes I second that suggestion and maybe we can have a section on this board for F--- Pigs.
PJ

nova7579
04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I think you can only leave feedback for someone for a set amount of time like 45 days then the option disappears for that particular transaction. My advice would be to wait till the 44th day and 23 hours and then leave it so the bozo cant leave a return feedback.

As long as you have the auction number you can leave feedback for ever?? I have left feedback for a transaction that was 13 months old before to test the system. The next time you go to leave feedback you will see the "single transaction" link to the far right of the first auction that you have not left feedback for. Click on it and away you go.

Brian

scott s
04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
andrew pretty much the same thing just happened to me last week so i left the neg feedback and i got neg feedback also just for spite!! I sent all my e-mails to e-bay hoping they would at least remove it but they left him off with no penalty and said they could find no reason to remove the neg feedback that he left me http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gifso its more scammer support then customer support any more http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

x Baldwin Motion
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
when I left neg feedback for a non shipping seller( turned out to be a scammer), they replied with such nonsense it was obvious they were FOS. Also, I was able to leave a follow up to that. I took the only NEG feedback like a man. People can read all your feedback and make an educated decision.
I do like the billboard idea. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

427king
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
If a scammer leaves you negative feedback ebay will remove it if you tell them about it. They will rarely remove a retalitory feedback from a non payer . In that case its not worth all the back and forth emails to ebay. If however you are a gold or platinum member they you get a account manager 24/7 by phone and its alot easier to get things done.

x Baldwin Motion
04-16-2007, 04:14 AM
not only would PeeBay not remove the neg feedback after seller never shipped and I paid paypal, but they continued to refuse to mutually withdraw all the feedbacks even after the seller scammed 10 other buyers with the same item and then disapeared!! I vollyed over twenty emails with them. they suck. (woops, can I say that here? I mean they suck popsicles in summer, on a really hot fricken day!)
I'll be happy to email you the details but that one red mark is like that cool scar I got at 10 from falling from a moving ice cream truck.

nuch_ss396
04-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I agree with others here. Just take the negative feedback
and move on. I got my one and only negative feedback two
years ago in much the same manner. I bought a set of 3.73
gears and they came in a box ( only loose paper stacked
between the ring & pinion ) with totally inadequate packing for a
set of precision machined gears. I got pissed because the
seller was a long time seller and should have known better.
I left the dirtbag neutral feedback and he left me negative
feedback. Talk about inappropriate! I contacted eBay and
they did nothing.

As was suggested, others will see your feedback history and
can figure it out for themselves.

BTW, the billboard sounds appropriate, but that would most
likely get you on the bad side of a liable suit. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Steve

GRB
04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
It is sad that the number of idiots in America is growing faster than is our population.

427TJ
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
The only time I have ever had any trouble with eBay is when I bought car parts! I have over 500 transactions, all Positive, 0 Negative, 0 Neutral, with <u>glowing</u> feedback on both sides, but when I bought car parts I got burned! (We fought to a stalemate and finally agreed not to leave each other feedback so I could avoid wrecking my 100% Positive rating.) (I'd still like to drop the part through his roof from a helicopter hovering 500 feet up.) (The part is now expensive garage art.)

I love eBay and I have made money selling on eBay and I treat all of my buyers as I want to be treated: respectfully. I've had a few miscommunications with buyers and sellers but we worked it out and left each other Positive feedback. Car parts sellers, on the other hand, often misrepresent items (and shill-bid) and I am VERY wary when I watch a car part auction on eBay. When our members list parts on eBay then I know there's an excellent chance that the part is being truthfully represented.

04-16-2007, 10:53 PM
If I remember right you have 45 days to post feed back. Wait till the last day of that period and post the feed back at 11:59 pm. But that does not stop him from buying the next item you have for sale and leaving you bad feed back.

427TJ
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I got the clear impression from the lying a-hole I bought the part from that he would haunt me if I gave truthful Negative feedback. I decided that it was best to just let it go and take it as a lesson to be more careful when buying car parts on eBay. If a swap-meet seller will lie to your face about a part then you must assume that eBay is the wild west of car parts sales. (Car sales too.)

Hats off to the honest sellers out there. You know who you are.