PDA

View Full Version : WTB '66 or '67 R Code Fairlane

bulletpruf
04-23-2007, 09:35 PM
In the market for a '66 or '67 R Code Fairlane. Prefer original, but will consider a nicely done clone. All conditions (wrecked, stripped, show car, etc) considered.

Also in the market for a RAIV Firebird, GTO, or Judge.

Can pay $$$ and also have cars to trade.

Thanks!

Scott

bulletpruf
04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
FYI - the R code Fairlane came from the factory with the 427 engine. The VIN for 427 cars contains an R in the 5th position.

Scott

Fast67VelleN2O
04-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Super nice cars.... I've owned a few GT 66 and 67 Fairlanes. Look better than the GM 67 counterparts.

bulletpruf
04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree - I think the '66 and '67 Fairlanes are some of the best looking musclecars out there.

Scott

KevinW
04-26-2007, 01:07 AM
There is a ad posted on the my work bulletin board for a 67 Fairlane 500 2 door post, was a 289 4 speed, but no engine or trans included. decent paint and interior, add says all there but engine and trans. $2,500 in north NJ.

tom406
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Would an R-code '67 Comet work? Basically a '67 Fairlane with just a real light swipe from the ugly stick. There's an excellent Capri Hardtop (1 of 6 I think) here in the NW. Also, the guy who is probably the ultimate guru of these cars is selling his restored 202 2dr post (1 of 22). I think both are wanting close to six figures, but I can get contact info if you'd like.

TOM
Seattle, WA

3macs1
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Tom;
The one of 22 67 427 comets. Is it the one in canada that is going up for sale. I drove that car back when it was just a ugly old scary comet. Let me know.
tks Joe

bulletpruf
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Tom -

Think I've seen the ad for one of the Comets on Woody's Fairlane site. I holding out for a Fairlane at this point.

I would "settle" for a '64 Thunderbolt, but not holding my breath on finding one of those for less than 6 figures.

Thanks,

Scott

3macs1
04-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Scott:
Would you find a original 67 R Fairlane for less than 6 figures?? I am not a ford follower and don't know the market bit seem to recall a 67 in Flordia going in the 6 figure range.

bulletpruf
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure what a concours restored one would sell for; can't recall seeing one for sale. I would settle for a driver, an older resto, project, etc.

Scott

bulletpruf
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Looks like a '66 R Code sold at B-J for $43,000, but that was 2001. A quick internet search didn't turn up anything else.

Scott

3macs1
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Scott:
I am not sure either. I don't follow fords regularily. However I remember my friend having one of the original 67 side oilers.I forget now one of sixty something I think he used to say made in the 67 fairlane.She was modified some what with 12.1 compression vs 11.1 and some other vintage speed shop items. I can honestly say it was the only car I have ever driven that scared me and I have driven a lot of the high HP cars with the exception of a ZL-1.No ls-6, l-88 or hemi would touch her when she hooked up right. I still get goose bumps just thinking of that animal.
All the best in your search.

bulletpruf
04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
A buddy of mine from Va had the same story - he bought a '67 R code off a used car lot. Said it was the fastest thing that he ever rode in, and he owned some of the best back in the day...

Scott

tom406
04-27-2007, 02:12 AM
The 202 2 dr post is Burnt Amber with a Parchment bench seat interior, owner's name is Peter. Here's his ad from FordFE.com back in Dec. As I've stated before, Peter is to the R and Q code '66/'67 Fairlanes and Comets what Marlin is to Yenko Deuces. He has a ridiculous amount of history for individual cars and how they were developed.
================================================== =====
1967 R-code Comet 202
December 10 2006 at 4:18 PM pmw (Login pmw)
Members
The car is Burnt Amber with parchment bench seat interior , rubber floormat , radio delete , factory indash Tachometer, factory shifter ,etc. interior condition is perfect and restored totally "correct". The Body is dupont base / clear and the hood, roof trunklid and front fenders have been wetsanded to perfection , the quarters still have to be wetsanded . The front fenders are NOS datecoded originals , the right door skin is NOS , the trunk lid , and right quarter panel are NOS , the hood is NOS with the proper underhood braces( I went through 4 NOS hoods before I got one that was straight enough ). every piece of chrome and trim is NOS original FoMoCo except the front bumper which was replated by Bumperboyz . The windshield is a PPG totally clear "correct" windshield , the side glass is NOS "carlite" but does not have the correct date codes. Wheels are 70s era Superstock style "Motorwheel flys" fronts are 15 x 3 1/2 , rears are 15 x 8 , new M.T. slicks and front runners , rear end is Nodular , detroit locker , 457 gears , ( original 3.89s go with car ), presently has Moser axles but originals could be installed if purchaser wanted them instead. original blueprinted RUG-L toploader with correct tailshaft . The engine is a C7AE 427 datecoded sideoiler , .017 overbore . J.E. pistons , lemans rods , Steel crossdrilled crank .010 mains .020 rods . Balanced assy and bored with plates by A& J machine , Kingston N.S. ( Alyn Armstrong ). heads are the original heads off of the car , C5AE-F Meduim riser , planed .010 F.P.P. valves , Crane valve springs retainers , locs etc. stock Rocker arms , transistorized ignition . the car has Hooker 2 1/8" competition adjustable headers , I also have the original ex. manifolds off of this car. The intake is not date correct as it is a '66 intake with no casting # and the Carbs are correct but dated 3 weeks later than they should be . The car has no race history , but is 1 of 2 Comet 427 sedans to be imported to Canada , Its one of only 22 sedans total that were built , and its one of only three Comet sedans that came through painted this color , The car has no exhaust and has slicks and runners on it . I do have original style 15" wheels ( originals were 14" ) and hubcaps with new radial tires , but purchaser would have to install exhaust if they wanted to street drive it.The car has NOS Ford rear leafs , NOS TRW 427 Fairlane front coils , NOS Ford , tie rods , idler arm , pitman arm , NOS Ford Gas tank and sender, NOS 427 fuel pump(4442S),NOS correct autolite shocks on 4 corners,NOS Ford brake calipers, 427 master cyl,The only repro items are the trans ign harness, rear dash panel , the battery & cables,door sill plates,& hood to cowl weatherstrip . I also have an NOS Ford/Bud Moore Ram air fiberglass hood (never been painted) and will sell that with the car for $800 extra .The car has tons of verification and ford documents that go with it and was recently appraised by a local collector car appraiser at $114,000, I am selling for $100.000 and will not move on this price , but would consider a good rustfree '66 /'67 Fairlane as part of the payment. Pictures available . 506 659 3322, nights 506 650 6001 days
==================================================

The '67 Comet Capri Hardtop is being represented by Musclecars NW. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.musclecarsnw.com/showroom.cfm

I actually knew of this car prior to it being here. It was originally dark green, but a recent owner decided it had to be black. Several years ago, I corresponded with the fellow who owned it then. He had owned it in the 70's when it had just over 10K miles then sold it in the early 80's. IIRC, he bought it back from the guy or the estate of the guy he sold it to, and it only had a few more miles on it. He was doing a sympathetic freshening of the car, and I think he sold it when prices started going up. I'm pretty sure that other than the color change, its a very straght-up honest car.

I think real R-code Fairlanes are $100K plus in any sort of restored condition. I'm pretty sure my friend has turned down low to mid $100's for his '66 and '67 cars in the last year. Having recently had to do research for an appraisal on a super nice 18K mile survivor '66 GT 390/4sp car, many of you will be surprised to know that outstanding examples of these 390 cars are now trading hands in the $35-$55K range.

TOM

3macs1
04-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks Tom. I don't know Peter but know his Comet very well.It was originally from Sydney Nova Scotia owned by Kenzie Byron?? spelling may be incorrect and it is the one I referred to. In the day I hung with Kenzie's best friend Terry . I was not aware it was for sale.

PhilS
04-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Hi Scott,
I have two R codes, a 6 and 7. They were both sold new in Sacramento Ca.
The 67 is an XL but I THINK it's sold. The 66 is a restored 24,000 mile car with no rust ever. Not a race car like most. It has two build sheets, Ca pink slip and Ca black plates. If you would like more info I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks

Phil

bulletpruf
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Tom - thanks for the info.

Phil - sending you an e mail. Let me know if you don't receive it.

Scott

Paul D
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Does anyone have anymore history or detail on the black Comet?
Paul