PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Hemi-Challenger

PPPJJJFFF
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I have alot of information about this car that I will not post here. Interested parties can contact me for more detailed information.

1970 Hemi-Challenger. JS23R0B376xxx. FE5 Red, black interior, automatic, 4.10 Dana. 29,000 mile original sheet metal car.

Equipped with the following options. (N94)T/A hood, only exsisting 1970 Hemi-Challenger in the Chrysler Registry with this option,(A45,J81) front and rear spoiler, stripe delete, no radio and with the awesome dog dish wheels. Has rallye wheels on the car now. Re-paint in the early 80's which is showing its age. Has very T/A hood/Hemi air-cleaner. Nice driver.

Car was ordered to race by the original owner. He was a Dodge salesman in Jeffersonville Indiana working at Vissings Dodge. After serving in Vietnam, he came home and had to have a new E-body. He raced NHRA Division III, Indianapolis Raceway Park and other tracks. The car raced several Sox & Martin sponsored cars and ran down Gliddens mustang on one occassion. 9 page letter detailing some of these stories from the original owner.

Correct Hemi engine with a 74 replacement block, incorrect distributor and alternator. Correct carbs, intake, heads, exhaust manifolds. Replacement torque flite. Owner history from 1970 to 1973 and from 1977 to present. Car is driver condition. Not the car I want to sell but circumstances dictate. I think who ever buys will be thrilled once the new Challenger comes back to production.

For more info call 845-594-7534(cell) or PM me. I will take better pictures of the car this week and post them.

Car has perfect buildsheet and fender tag. 135k

Patrick

mockingbird812
06-02-2007, 08:23 PM
That is a special car Patrick. Sorry to see that you have to part with this beauty. Where is the shifter located? No doubt you are listing at places like Moparts.com? Good luck and let's see those pictures.

P.S. what do you mean by: "Has very T/A hood/Hemi air-cleaner. "

PPPJJJFFF
06-02-2007, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is a special car Patrick. Sorry to see that you have to part with this beauty. Where is the shifter located? No doubt you are listing at places like Moparts.com? Good luck and let's see those pictures.

P.S. what do you mean by: "Has very T/A hood/Hemi air-cleaner. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the brain freeze. Their were less then 20 air-cleaner set-ups built for chrysler for the Hemi/TA hood application. Atleast that's what I was told by some informative people. Floor console for the shifter.

Someone will end up with a very cool car. That hood with the 426Hemi emblem makes this car stand out like no other E-body. Well atleast for me. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Patrick

quick-bowtie
06-03-2007, 03:49 AM
can you post some pics? or email me some at [email protected]

You've got my curiosity

PPPJJJFFF
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Certainly. I will E-mail them to you!

Thanks, Patrick

PPPJJJFFF
06-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Looks like a deposit being sent today! If something changes, I will let everyone know. Thanks for those who expressed interest!!!

Patrick