PDA

View Full Version : 1970 El Camino SS396

SS4Real
07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm looking to buy a 1970 El Camino SS 396 #1 or strong #2 condition car. Prefer frame-off restored with build sheet. Desired colors include Cranberry Red, Tuxedo Black, Cortez Silver or Fathom Blue with 4-speed, black interior and original or correct engine. No vinyl tops.

scott s
07-18-2007, 05:00 AM
If u change your mind and want a nice driver i know who has a 70 ss 396 4speed am/fm buckets,console,tach@gauges etc also build sheet and matching #s forest green/black int no vinyl top all orig body panels and interior and no rust ....price is mid 20,s thanks http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

370454s
07-18-2007, 06:30 AM
If Jim is not interested, is that the same one you and I talked about on the phone about a year and a half ago? Is it a Paint Code 48 48?
Thanks
Mike Bond

scott s
07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
yup.. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS4Real
07-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the information Scott as I appreciate the lead. I'm going to wait for my preferred colors so feel free to talk to Mike about this one.

Also, LS5 El Camino with my same preferences considered.

hubleyman
07-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Hello Jim,

I realize you are looking for a done car but thought I should mention a project car that may or may not be of interest to you......

A friend of mine has a 1970 SS396 El Camino project stashed away, fairly disassembled, matching number 396 and 4 four speed, original silver car with black stripes (no vinyl top), black bucket seat interior, functional cowl induction hood, 12 bolt,etc.....

I believe he has the build sheet which showed other items like the California emissions, bumper guards, etc.

He used to use it regularly and also tow his Corvette race car with it, but started to restore it maybe 10-12 years ago. At that time, he had the paint stripped (I think it's a rust-free body) and main bodywork done (body is in primer), powdercoated the frame and other parts, purchased extra parts from GM along the way (I think a NOS grill is in their somewhere). Accidentally lost a fender on the freeway (how would you like to run into that in the fast lane?) when he moved way back then and the car and parts were transferred to his new home. Pretty sure he acquired another fender or maybe another parts car as well but not positive.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this package could be purchased for under $10k. I'm not a knowledgable El Camino guy but this sounds like a good deal for the parts alone to me......

If you have any interest, let me know and I'll hook you guys up directly and you can wheel and deal.

Best of luck in your search!! Charlie

SS4Real
07-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Thank you Charlie...sounded like a good project for me in my younger days! I really want one that's done this time. Keep those leads coming though.....thanks.