PDA

View Full Version : 67-68 gold Seat backs and sides

jasonL78
12-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Loooking for a nice set of Ivy Gold seat backs and bottoms for my 68 L78 nova. Mine show there age with some scratches in the plastic and I would like to replace them with better ones. I ordered a reproduction set from classic industries and they are junk. They are paper thin and the part that hooks on the seat frame is glued on. The grain in the plastic is way off also. Has anyone had any luck with aftermarket one's I think these are from PUI interiors. I am sending the ones I ordered back!!!!

Jason

jasonL78
12-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I have a black set that I might be willing to trade for the gold ones.

jason

68l30
12-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Best of luck in your quest....I have the Ivy gold in my Camaro......Nothing repo is even close in color.I would think,at the least, they could get the color correct...They also like to make every piece the same color unlike the multiple shades of Ivy and green from the factory...Most of the interior should have a tint of green not the $hit gold they sell...I searched high and low for some NOS and used stuff.I'm glad most of my interior was ok......

Steve

jasonL78
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply I didn't mind spending the 250.00 for the reproduction pieces but these were not even close in color or shape of the originals. I hope to fin d a better set. Wish me luck.

Jason

68l30
12-28-2007, 05:02 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Good luck...

Steve