PDA

View Full Version : Misc..smog parts...

WILMASBOYL78
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Looking for a few items for my winter project:

smog hoses, clamps, check valves and manifold plumbing....prefer used original stuff to keep the look correct...dated parts should be summer to fall of 1969..car is 3rd week of December. Can buy or trade...let me know what you have...thanks, wilma

SS427
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
For the drivers side asperator tube (hard line) do you need the over the valve cover or the hockey stick style. I am in need of the over the cover tube and will trade for the hockey stick style.
Rick

CamarosRus
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
May I be placed at bottom of list for the same over the valve cover left hand smog tube......and original survivor hose (between 992 Check and Divertor Valve)

If necessary, will Cranes Corvette Supply be my only not so close alternative ??????????

Thanks,

WILMASBOYL78
01-14-2008, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For the drivers side asperator tube (hard line) do you need the over the valve cover or the hockey stick style. I am in need of the over the cover tube and will trade for the hockey stick style.
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick, I'm going to shoot from the hip and go with the hockey style set up...since this is an earlier car they may have used that style...all of my 1970 calendar year L78's have the over the valve cover rig....so am I dreaming trying to find this stuff??

wilma

Ls6 Ragtop
01-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Rick, If the smog system you have is equipped with the hockeystick style tube on the right, then your hose that you have won't reach the over the cover style you are looking for. The hose that is probably with your smog system is a part # 3940937 and the one you need is a 3947158. The 158 hose is a longer hose typically than the 937 # hose. You should probably contact Bill Hodel and see if he has the parts you need and sell Tom the stuff you have.
JMO
Chris

SS427
01-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Chris,
That is correct. However I do have all the correct hoses as I have those left over from other projects and spare parts. I do need to contact Bill for the correct drivers side asperator line or anyone here that may have the correct style.

P.S. I sent you an e-mail yesterday regarding stamps in case you have not seen it yet.

Thanks,
Rick