PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Car Across Canada

Hugger
04-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has expereince in shipping a classic car across Canada. I am looking to ship the car from the East Coast (Nova Scotia) to Toronto, Ontario.

I know there are lots of carriers like Searail and Hansens, but I have little faith in them, especially with a restored classic.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Tedford
04-02-2008, 09:03 PM
You might want to check with Mackie Van Lines in Oshawa. Do a Google search for info. You never know when they might have an empty truck coming back from the east coast. Althoug I have never dealt with them, they have been around for a long time.

PeteLeathersac
04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.mackiegroup.com/

Best to you w/ whatever group you hook up with!.

~ Pete

Hugger
04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys - I appreciate it! This company looks like it is better set up for handling a classic car.

Jeff H
04-03-2008, 03:39 AM
I used a company in Ont to bring my L78 to NJ from Canada. I think it was something like Oakwood or Oak something. I'll look for the information.

thunder
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Thorson's Enclosed Auto Transport would be my recomendation....call Andy @ (416) 742 0854.....they move a lot of special cars, quickly and a very fair price. DAVE

Hugger
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Funny you should say that.

Someone recommended I try Thorson's Enclosed Auto Transport the other day. I called Andy and he gave me a great rate through the recommendation. Nice to be able to talk to a higher up rather than just a secretary. He even said he has guys he usually have tend to the show cars etc.

I have it narrowed down to:

Mackies
TFX International (Similar to Reliable Carriers in the US)
Thorsons

In the end, I am likely going to with Thorsons, as I feal really comfortable with them. It also turns out they have weekely shipments to Halifax, NS (port city) to pick up high end new cars. That helped bring the price down.