PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a car?? 69 Chevelle question

quick-bowtie
04-25-2008, 11:14 PM
A friend of mine has pictures of a 69' Chevelle Orange Altered wheel base L78, A guy is trying to do a deal with him on some cars, this guy claims the Chevelle is a factory experimental car here is the info

Claims GM made 2 or 3 of the and has direct contact with a X-GM engineer who claims it to be real, GM guy also said they did a couple buicks like this to.

The motor and front suspension are set back about 2 inches (which he claims is factory) it also has a big fan should that looks like it could be factory for such an application.

and there is also has a plentium air cleaner which isnt the style Ive seen on the camaros and some chevelles, the me the air cleaner kind of looks homemade but who knows..

Thought Id ask the experts has anyone heard of such a car? altered wheel base L78?

Im hoping to post pics but his files are WAY to big so it might take me a day or 2 until I can get one of his guy to resize them.

Chevy454
04-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Not sure on an A-body, but on the Camaro/Nova small block mounts on a big block will move the engine back ~2 inches or so...but I've never heard this story before.

Send the pics to me, I should be able to do something with 'em...

quick-bowtie
04-26-2008, 04:04 AM
That popped into my head too, but the whole front suspension is also moved back. I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow.

Belair62
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Is the rear altered too ? This would be very cool....by 68 I would think the factory moved on from trying to do any back door AWB cars

Xplantdad
04-26-2008, 07:06 PM
The Orange AWB biscayne showed up last night Bob...check out the pics! Plus...I talked to the owner...he has some more cool pics that he'd like to share...and has requested his password (forgot it) and hasn't got a response?

I can PM you his info later...I think he goes by AAFX on here? His name is Mark!

copo69
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
That sounds weird as AWB was a '65, '66 deal. By '69 funny car was in full swing and the old AWB cars would only be welcome in gas or altered classes and were probably not competitive .....not something the factories were interested in for promotion. Also AWB brings the wheels forward for more weight on the rear. Moving suspension back would give just the opposite effect. I kinda doubt this but I've also learned to never say never.

chads454Ls6
04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Andy,is this guy in Wisconsin? I remember talking to a guy that had a 69 l-78 cowl plenun car that said it was a very low production and it was orange. Never mentioned altered wheel base. I thought he was bsing me.

quick-bowtie
04-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Chad, Car is in Wisconsin Im sure its the same car your talking about. The rear end isnt altered at all but the whole front end is set back. I will get pictures post soon.