PDA

View Full Version : Yenko racing in Boise?

Brett68
04-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Here at Firebird raceway last weekend was the Ignitor opener. I went Sunday(finals day). I was standing in the food line for a burger, when over the PA I heard them announce that a 69 Yenko Camaro was at the line. Missed the pass, he must have been eliminated, he didn't race the rest of the day. I figured it was a clone at the time. Anyway I located it in the pits. Looked original to me. Hugger Orange, 4 speed. With a 10.71 on the window for a dial in!
I tried a peek at the vin. But a metal strip had been installed to hold down the leading edge of the dash pad trying to keep it from curling. The metal strip blocked the vin numbers.
I kept going back to it to talk to the owner, but there never was anyone there at the trailer. I think the enclosed trailer had Washington plates. No plates on the Camaro.
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this post. Just thought it was awesome for someone to be flogging a Yenko Camaro in the 10's with stock wheel wells. Paint and emblems appeared original and vintage with just the appropriate amount of patina.

Brett in Boise

Brett68
05-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Finally got my buddy who was with me at the track to email the pix of the Camaro. They are low grade cell phone pix(3 of them). I admit my computer skills are lacking in posting pictures. I could email them if someone is interested and could put them on here. One of the pics actually shows how bad my face got sunburned.

thanks
Brett in Boise