The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ebay & other seen ads section (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   One owner 69 Yenko / COPO Camaro (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178448)

Stefano 04-03-2024 10:14 PM

Dave's Car and the Friedley in Cedar Falls, IA Yenko are NOT the same car.

67since67 04-04-2024 03:30 AM

I am on the outside looking in on most all things Yenko, but maybe I can help here??

AFAIK The LB Friedley/Cedar Falls car is still in the hands of original owner Gary Crawford within the last couple years. There was an ownership gap, he and Jerry Albers became partnership owners more than twenty years ago, from another collector, in the SE US?

More recently Crawford became sole owner again, he was for decades a prominent local late-model racer.

This car did not get out much, I only remember seeing it twice. First while it was being backed off the transport at Friedly Olds/GMC, and about twenty years ago in Jerry Albers garage. - Bill W

Stefano 04-04-2024 11:22 PM

Thank you for the info , my understanding is that Gary sold the car to Cliff Ernst, Cliff restored it and sold it back to Gary Crawford/Jerry Alberts.

XNHRA 04-04-2024 11:59 PM

I’ll ask the stupid question. If this car is as well known and as real as advertised, why auction it off with this company? I have to believe those that dedicate their spare time to chase and get to know all Yenko’s know the market and the buyers. Doesn’t seem like this is the way to maximize a sale price while buyers have to many cocktails and be on TV when the gavel drops.

mprice 04-05-2024 01:31 PM

My guess is that this auction is close to home for the seller, low auction fee up front and maybe lower percentage if it sells I say if because most of them make deals to allow buy backs. That said we don't know if the seller is serious about selling or just testing the waters. I went to one of their auctions a couple years ago and the three cars I bid on (1962 Belair bubbletop, 57 Belair 2X4s and 69 375 horse chevelle) all sold for just as much or more than they would have brought at the big auctions.

Stefano 04-05-2024 06:22 PM

This auction sells well as it does not have the usual auction shenanigans. All cars are no reserve and buy backs are technically not allowed. Every car I have ever bid on has sold for much more than I was willing to pay. No testing the waters here. The yenko is for sale.

67since67 04-06-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shauger (Post 1646948)
Cliff Ernst owned the car and sold it back to the original owner Gary Crawford.

The story Jerry Albert related to me 20 years ago was that they found Gary's original car owned by a collector, IIRC, in Fl or GA.
A deal was made where-by Gary and Jerry purchased an equal car, even color I believe, and a lateral trade was made.
Even then I thought that was a very generous gesture by Mr Ernst. - Bill W

Steve Shauger 04-06-2024 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67since67 (Post 1647484)
The story Jerry Albert related to me 20 years ago was that they found Gary's original car owned by a collector, IIRC, in Fl or GA.
A deal was made where-by Gary and Jerry purchased an equal car, even color I believe, and a lateral trade was made.
Even then I thought that was a very generous gesture by Mr Ernst. - Bill W

Correct!

67since67 04-06-2024 06:57 PM

I do not know Gary personally, so my speculation is that since Sullivan has in the past sold farm land and possibly equipment for Crawford Farms, Gary may have a working relationship with the auctioneer. As I said, my speculation.

seventyLs5 04-08-2024 05:51 PM

Sullivan was bought out last year by big iron auctions out of Nebraska. They sold a big collection in Central Nebraska lately and got big money for some cars that needed full restoration to get them into the big money category in my opinion. 1970 Boss 429 Mustang for 440k and change and a bunch of others that brought crazy money. This car should sell well.