The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Who’s Got A Hot Wheels of Their Car? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165034)

Burd 01-11-2021 02:17 PM

That’s cool how do you do that

Burd 01-11-2021 02:20 PM

A bud Jim, RIP, always put a model of his 62 GP on his Aircleaner, one day I forget where we were but he shuts his hood. :stupid:

Keith Seymore 01-11-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burd (Post 1531378)

I think you are asking 169Indy, but in my case Jeff Koch (the guy writing the article on our car) also worked for Johnny Lightning and made the connection.

To be completely honest I was disappointed he didn't call Dad out by name when I first saw the packaging. I'm not sure why they didn't, but still kinda cool (I think).

K

markinnaples 01-11-2021 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kind of

Keith Seymore 01-11-2021 08:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a little random but too good to pass up.

We got these little 1/64 scale Ertl '65 GTOs, which are kind of generic, but for some reason have an obvious gray tool box in the trunk.

The connection is that we would flat tow the GTO with the towbar and with Dad's gray Craftsman tool box in the trunk of the car, for ballast (it drops the tail of the towed vehicle, improving the caster, thereby making it tow better).

When we got to the track we would weigh in for our class with the towbar and these huge logging safety chains still installed, full of fuel, the toolbox in the trunk and me (all 45 lbs or so) standing on the scale. Then when we got back to the pits all that extra weight would come flying out of the car for eliminations.

This little Ertl GTO has always reminded me of that.

K

455HO POST 01-11-2021 11:57 PM

JL just did one of my '72 GTO from MCACN last year.Way Cool!

Burd 01-12-2021 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1531419)
Kind of

Pretty cool. They do thing similar on Woodward, I think it was 3 backdrops that was set up, one was the Susie Q, is was packed but I wish I would have done it, I bussed tables back in 9th grade at the Q.

markinnaples 01-12-2021 02:16 PM

The Hot Wheels Legends Tour was a pretty cool show to be invited to. There were a lot of crazy vehicles there as they use the shows to select what model Hot Wheels to make next, and select one from each show that goes to the final show where the selection is made.
I had lost a valve just before this show, so while I drove into the show, I had to keep turning it off and starting it up in the line because I kept smoking out the poor people in the VW bus behind us in line who were super nice.

Burd 01-12-2021 02:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I remember Hot Wheels at the auto show, maybe this was it, I can’t remember. They did make a hot wheels version of the new camaro.
A bud back in Chevy gave me a set of badges off a car, I still have them.

169indy 01-12-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burd (Post 1531378)

I got a message from Chris (Owner of the Green Chevelle & Jonny Lighting Likeness)

"Johnny Lightning had a contest called “your car is the star” series. You sent in a pick of your car and if you were picked as a winner they made your car. There were 6 cars in the series. That’s pretty much it."

Jim