The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   MCACN Swapmeet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169712)

Lynn 11-25-2021 04:15 PM

Joe: I really enjoyed meeting you face to face. The tires, wheels, rings and caps are better than described; and I am blown away by the pristine condition of the long finger damper I got from you. You have an amazing bunch of really nice rare parts.

So sorry to hear someone ripped you off. I passed by your place a few times when you were MIA, and was wondering if that would be an issue. Sadly, I guess you almost need someone standing guard all frikken day.

I know it isn't much consolation, but Karma is a bitch. Hope the folks that ripped you off get what they deserve.

Too Many Projects 11-25-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1572508)
Sadly, I guess you almost need someone standing guard all frikken day.

That is the hard part about being a participant. Of the dozens of swap meets I've been in, I never leave, so I don't get a chance to see anything else at the meet/show. The up side is, I'm not bringing home more than I take... well, most of the time...:cool2:

scuncio 11-25-2021 05:29 PM

That's a real drag. Honestly, I was wondering how you kept track of everything given how many parts you had in your space. Back in the day, anyone caught stealing from a swap meet would have had the $hit kicked out of them by us vigilantes!

hiperf69 11-25-2021 07:15 PM

There was myself and Gary from the horn works.
If I was gone he was there.
Thinking the Bell housing, Yes a 621 must of disappeared after we closed up on Saturday.
It was there on Saturday.
Got there on Sunday and took pics just to show the guy’s at work.
Didn’t notice it being missing but not in pics.
We both seen it Saturday.
On Sunday about 2:00 had a couple of friends come back to get a restored
RC-15 big Ear Radiator cap and it was gone.
Unfortunately just to many people and not enough eyes.
Guess I should of had it on the LS-6 radiator out front.
But you know where that would of gone.
Thanks everyone

the427king 11-25-2021 10:21 PM

No security cameras to check Joe? Sorry to hear you lost parts.

L16pilot 11-26-2021 12:03 AM

It was really nice meeting you at MCACN and very sorry to hear part(s) were lifted. Being all like-minded people, I just wouldn't expect that kind of dirtbag behavior.

bbbentley 11-26-2021 12:15 AM

Most sad that someone was so low as to steal. Very sorry for your loss.

67ssmn 11-26-2021 12:31 AM

i had a 1966 chevelle AM-FM stolen at jefferson 2 years ago, i watched ebay right after that and it never did show up there, still makes me mad, but a bellhousing, kind of hard to hide that walking around, some people just steal like it is normal, no big deal

CanCOPO 11-26-2021 02:14 AM

Speaking of stealing. Did they ever recover the Camaro Judging Manual that was taken?

camarojoe 11-26-2021 03:58 AM

Unrelated, but early in the weekend the rear yenko badge (which was obviously original) on the unrestored Fathom Green car was hanging by one pin... later in the weekend we looked at the car again and there was just a silhouette of where the emblem used to be... I'm hoping the owner took it off before it fell off or was stolen. Can anyone confirm that was the case?