The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Muncie issue (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176320)

Too Many Projects 09-25-2023 02:35 PM

I never had any luck with the removal tool either. After thousands of heat cycles, those bearings seem like they are welded in. As you may have noticed, it took a lot of pressure to break it loose and then it would move with less force.

Andy 09-25-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1632723)
I never had any luck with the removal tool either. After thousands of heat cycles, those bearings seem like they are welded in. As you may have noticed, it took a lot of pressure to break it loose and then it would move with less force.

Yes, you are right. It did not want to move at first, but once it got the pressure on it from the bread being packed in there, it slowly worked its way out.

L78_Nova 09-25-2023 04:55 PM

Wet paper works also

SuperNovaSS 09-26-2023 02:40 AM

And bar soap.

Jason

Andy 09-29-2023 02:41 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Progress! My crossmember was looking pretty rough, so I wire wheeled it, and shot it with some primer and paint to clean it up. I was able to get the flywheel resurfaced and balanced with the pressure plate. I started putting it back together, but one of the tabs on the clutch fork was broken and I thought I was done for the day at that point, but since I'm only 20 minutes from Auto Metal Direct I was able to source a new one and get the transmission back in. They had a sweet 69 Camaro SS350 automatic in the lobby, so it was a good excuse to go!

Still have to get the reverse lights hooked up, shifter handle/console plate reinstalled, driveshaft in, exhaust reconnected, and plug the distributor back in and re-time the engine, but I'm getting close now!

COPO 09-30-2023 06:49 AM

Nice to have a lift for this work. Brings back memories of bench pressing my M-22 back into my car laying on a cold concrete slab in my parents carport in the middle of winter with the ice cold wind blowing after changing out the clutch.

I'm sure many here have a similar experience from their teen years. Good times.

L72Chevelle 09-30-2023 02:34 PM

Your throwout bearing is sitting on the fork wrong.

Andy 09-30-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L72Chevelle (Post 1633151)

That it is. Nothing like a piece of humble pie in the morning. Better to know that now that after the car is running. Thanks for pointing it out.

Andy 09-30-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COPO (Post 1633136)
Nice to have a lift for this work. Brings back memories of bench pressing my M-22 back into my car laying on a cold concrete slab in my parents carport in the middle of winter with the ice cold wind blowing after changing out the clutch.

I'm sure many here have a similar experience from their teen years. Good times.

Yes it is. I’ve had to pull this one out before in my early 20s without a lift. After doing it with a lift this time, I’ll never go back to the old way haha.

Too Many Projects 10-01-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L72Chevelle (Post 1633151)

And that starter bolt... can't believe that doesn't let the starter move and slip on the flywheel teeth.