The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   24k mile 69 Z28 storage unit find (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175266)

dykstra 04-09-2023 01:49 PM

Awesome car! Congratulations! I’m “green” with envy!:beers:

bashton 04-09-2023 01:53 PM

Wow...great find and congrats on the acquisition.

Please consider joining us at the MCACN show in November. I am sure there are a whole lot of people that would love to see this one. I know I would....

Bashton

Motorhead848 04-09-2023 02:13 PM

We unfortunately can’t take the credit for the preservation up to this point. But we certainly will continue to do so. We hope to have the car up north in our possession in a few weeks. I am amazed at how well it held up and how all the assembly line markings are all intact. You can beat the southern CA weather! The rally green color was just icing on top as well.

1967Z28 04-09-2023 02:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Great find and awesome car. This car has the rear stripes that don't go all the way up to the rear window like most do. I have seen this on a number of cars built at the Van Nuys plant and remember it from back in the 1970s when I got my first Z. Possibly they had to use the stencil for the vinyl top cars if the assembly line was out of stock on the non-vinyl top one.

Motorhead848 04-09-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967Z28 (Post 1619828)
Great find and awesome car. This car has the rear stripes that don't go all the way up to the rear window like most do. I have seen this on a number of cars built at the Van Nuys plant and remember it from back in the 1970s when I got my first Z. Possibly they had to use the stencil for the vinyl top cars if the assembly line was out of stock on the non-vinyl top one.

Thanks Jon for input! I was thinking the same thing. I know VN did a lot of different stuff back then. Something I’m also curious about is the black grille. Not sure if the original owner painted black? Was it replace for some reason? Or did VN run out of silver? I haven’t had a chance to verify this with the original owner and the seller…. A friend of mine (who we both know!) found out about the car through another fellow and acted as broker…..

Tracker1 04-09-2023 03:42 PM

Winner, Winner...! Just beautiful!

1967Z28 04-09-2023 03:43 PM

You're welcome, Mark. Yes, Van Nuys did some production oddities but I have not personally seen what I would consider a factory installed black grille from that plant. When you get the car in your possession and look it over, maybe that will shed some light on whether it has been repainted or replaced. Knowing that the original owner is still around is icing on the cake with this car. Congrats to you and your dad. What a find.

Xplantdad 04-09-2023 03:45 PM

Very cool. :headbang::headbang::headbang:What did it say on the dymo tape on the fan shroud?

Canuck 04-09-2023 03:46 PM

Great candidate for Vintage Certification.

1967Z28 04-09-2023 03:48 PM

My February '69 built Z from Van Nuys also had the emissions decal on the fan shroud like this one.