The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Mopar (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   The Crusty Cuda: Whole lotta Shakin' (N96) Goin' on! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149631)

A12pilot 07-26-2020 10:41 AM

7 Attachment(s)
It was a monstrosonous day! No more rotisserie and the Cuda gets relocated to the big shop for assembly! It's a long time coming.... actually... it really wasn't a very long time now that I think about it. :hmmm: But regardless, another major step forward to capitulating Cuda completeness! :biggthumpup: Here is the radiator support/grille blackout, cowl blackout, and tail panel Organisol (fauxganisol....I used my own technique for it) on the tail panel.

The purps really pops. I'll have to do another round of spot buffing since I missed a few spots, but I'm happy with the results! Before I got it in the lift I installed the brake and fuel lines which are way easy to do with the cat on its side. But honestly, turning a freshly painted car on its side isn't exactly a calming experience. Every creak I heard I thought "Look out! (BAAANG)". Ugh... I've never said this, but sometimes I think I'm getting too old for this!

More to come....

Cheers:beers:
Dave

A12pilot 07-26-2020 10:43 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Purps popping in the sun! Really looks good against green trees! :biggthumpup::laugh:

Cheers
Dave

A12pilot 07-26-2020 10:45 AM

7 Attachment(s)
And back onto the lift for reassembly!:shocked:

Now I can go paint the bumpers!:biggthumpup:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

napa68 07-26-2020 10:59 AM

Do you sleep? Looks awesome Dave!

njsteve 07-26-2020 11:56 AM

I know that "creaking while rotating" feeling all too well! I pulled the 426 Hemi engine in the old 70 Charger around 10 years ago, to do some detailing and replace the oil pan. I had the engine on the stand and was rotating it to get the oil pan facing up. I got it around 90 degrees turned when it decided to make its own orbital reentry maneuver and took the entire stand with it. It made a two inch divot in the concrete floor that is still there to this day. Didn't even scratch the paint on the cylinder head where it impacted. Now I know what killed the dinosaurs - it wasn't a meteorite, it was a Hemi flying off an engine stand.

Postsedan 07-26-2020 12:37 PM

Looks awesome Dave! Love it!

Dan

carnut4life 07-26-2020 02:17 PM

That looks beautiful Dave, I'm in awe how easy you make it all look even though we all know its anything but easy. Steve is one lucky guy not having to worry about paint jail on this one.

njsteve 07-26-2020 02:20 PM

Yes, Dave is the Official Paint Jail-Breaker!

69M22Z 07-26-2020 03:49 PM

Looks great Dave

big gear head 07-26-2020 05:26 PM

Even after several years of watching you do amazing stuff in no time at all, I still can't get over how quickly you get things done, and how great it looks.