The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Mopar (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   The Crusty Cuda: Whole lotta Shakin' (N96) Goin' on! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149631)

scuncio 07-26-2020 08:32 PM

Man....

A12pilot 07-27-2020 10:11 AM

Wow, thanks guys!!!:grin: Very nice compliments and I appreciate them all!!! There’s no doubt you all know how much effort this takes, and it’s means a lot to have you all enjoy my handiwork. :biggthumpup: I still learn as I go and try and improve where I can. More importantly, I take in what I can from guys that have forgotten more stuff than I think I know. No way my work is perfect, but then again, neither was the factory’s!:no:

Paint purgatory is something I’m glad I don’t have to experience since I’m not sure I’d have the patience for it!:no::no::no:

More to come this week with such memorable moments as, “I know you ordered it Steve, but I can’t find it!” and “Uh oh....that’s not good”.:grin:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

cook_dw 07-27-2020 11:54 AM

Mind blown.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/3b...1196674549.gif

RS_COPO_Canuck 07-27-2020 01:07 PM

Looks great Dave!!!

A12pilot 07-27-2020 09:50 PM

7 Attachment(s)
So it appears I'll be doing a few more things on Crusty to get her ready to head out towards the end of next month. In addition to the front suspension, I'm going to tackle the rear suspension and in the middle of that, the heater box self destructed!:biggthumpup: In between bolting up front end parts, detailing the emergency brake and pedal quadrants, I tore the box down and will start renewing that contraption tomorrow. I can't add anything else to the car on the front since it's nose heavy right now. And being on a 2 post lift, I don't need to see what would happen if the mighty Cuda became a lawn dart!

More tomorrow.... and the next day... and the day after that! :rolleyes2:

Cheers:biggthumpup:
Dave

njsteve 07-27-2020 10:19 PM

He's a maniac, I tell ya!

A12pilot 07-29-2020 11:58 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Detroit Muscle makes a great rebuild kit for the heater boxes and with the new foam in place, it was an easy reassembly. I first washed the box with soap and water along with a brillo pad. That removed all the mold, dirt, and funk from the box. These boxes are unpainted so just a good cleaning is all it needs. Interestingly, there are three date codes on the box: the half piece shows the 351st day of 1969, shift 3 (I think that's what that 3 means:hmmm:), the main box has an ink stamp indicating there 76th day of 1970, 1st shift, and the final assembly date with part number showing the 103rd day of 1970. Neat stuff and I was able to save two of them. The third is sort of ghostly, but it's still there:biggthumpup:.

So back in the car it goes along with the pedal quadrant (Steve will add the pedal pads and new accelerator pedal/spring....I mean, he's gotta do something! :tongue:). Meanwhile, like a bad 70s adult flick, it's onto the rear end!:laugh::eek2:

Leafs are blasted and I'm awaiting rebuild parts coming Friday. Still need to press out the bushings, but that's easy enough to do. Who am I kidding..... something will go wrong there too!:bs:

More to come.
Cheers:beers:
Dave

njsteve 07-29-2020 12:20 PM

Wait, What? I gotta put on BOTH pedal pads????

Slacker!

sixt9rsx33 07-30-2020 12:17 PM

Looks great Dave Great job!
I had great luck with Detroit Speeds AC/heater box rebuild kit as well. I did the Charger's and it came out nice!

A12pilot 07-30-2020 12:35 PM

Thanks Lawrence! It's the third time I've used their kit and they've gotten better over the years.

Axle clean up today! Spring rebuild parts will be here tomorrow and Saturday. Once I get the rear installed the car will be balanced again so I can get it in the air and get the rest of the undercarriage done!:3gears:

Cheers
Dave